And we thought Black Friday was bad...

This is a discussion on And we thought Black Friday was bad... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mods - not sure where to post this. I was watching some of the evening news in reference to crowd riots on the opening of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: And we thought Black Friday was bad...

Distinguished Member

Mods - not sure where to post this.

I was watching some of the evening news in reference to crowd riots on the opening of Black Friday sales. Please, no racial profiling, bias, or looking down our nose arrogantly.

My liberal friends, and, yes, I have too many - LOL - sit in ivory towers believing all is well.

I noticed the security guards could not hold the crowds in an orderly fashion, stop the literal stampeding, and finally the rioting over the goods. One big generic and non racially profiled guy, literally picked up two ladies and threw them aside, grabbed a box from one of them (check out Youtube) and got back in line.

I think you know where I'm going with this. When the economy tumbles, and it will, and when the entitlement spigots go off, and they will, this is what you will see on the news. First, in the stores, then the community. This is where the libs are clueless. Like the poor Jewish, well-to-do lady in Schindler's List, who told her fellow cattle car friends that she had paid for a nice townhome at the camp, so will those who are unprepared.

Yes, I believe eventually - two to six weeks, I pray - marshall law will finally prevail. God literally help the poor souls who are waiting for the police, or using a fireplace poker to defend their china and their lives.

Postscript: As a believer in Christ, my wife and I have talked and re-talked on what our responsibility is to our literal neighbor. God help me, I hope I never have to eat these words. We will distribute what we have, materially, with them. However, if someone storms my home with the intent of harming my family for those same goods, I'll let God sort it all out in heaven.
    Last edited by aznav; December 2nd, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Certain People do turn into vultures when they feel they need or deserve something. I fear that you are right about the economic collapse, but do not know when it will happen. I am prepared for my family and a few others to ward off any threats that may appear. Prepare, Pray, Plan.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 1st, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Bad Bob, aznav and gatorbait51 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Certain People do turn into vultures when they feel they need or deserve something. I fear that you are right about the economic collapse, but do not know when it will happen. I am prepared for my family and a few others to ward off any threats that may appear. Prepare, Pray, Plain.
    But how long do you prepare for?..a week,a month,a year?
    gatorbait51 and aznav like this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    But how long do you prepare for?..a week,a month,a year?
    Yup. My question as well. Thinking, maybe two months of foodstuffs. Then there are the neighbors...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Please, no racial profiling, bias, or looking down our nose arrogantly.
    You might want to go back and read your own post.
    brocktice likes this.

marshall law will finally prevail
    Ha ha ha. You poor blighters.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Yup. My question as well. Thinking, maybe two months of foodstuffs. Then there are the neighbors...
    Would these be the neighbors whose SHTF plan is simply take what you have amassed?

After a huricane hit us years ago, there was no electricity or running water for weeks. There was no fuel for vehicles either.a friend of mine had a water well in his back yard, but an electric pump. Another person had a water pump with a gasoline engine and I had a lot of fuel since I had a lot of boats in my back yard with gas in their tanks. We combined what we had to supply water for a lot of people and in turn these people, that where benefitting from our effort provided security and made sure nobody got out of hand. So yes it can be dangerous, but there is hope, we live among a lot of good people too.
    BurgerBoy, VBVAGUY, aznav and 6 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Ha ha ha. You poor blighters.
    Yeah, yeah. My grammar Nazi software said I had the wrong word. Added second "l" and the "blight" went away. Wouldacouldashoulda

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    Would these be the neighbors whose SHTF plan is simply take what you have amassed?
    Um, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    Neighbors who find themselves without.
    Neighbors who turn to active, aggressive looting/rioting.
    Folks from outside the neighborhood who are without, are looters/rioters, or are "gang" folk.

Any of the above. Most likely, all of the above.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If one wants an accurate idea of what things will be like when SHTF, they don't have to look any further than the last week of November every year. If people are acting like this over towels, TV's, toys, etc. - just imagine how they'll be acting when the items change to food, water, fuel, etc.
    ccw9mm, 357and40, aznav and 1 others like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Because...?
    Because what you said don't do is exactly what you did in a lot of your post.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    If one wants an accurate idea of what things will be like when SHTF, they don't have to look any further than the last week of November every year. If people are acting like this over towels, TV's, toys, etc. - just imagine how they'll be acting when the items change to food, water, fuel, etc.
    Yup. Exactlymypoint.

Oh, you're talking about the "white guy" comment. Yes, guilty.

Seriously, just tell me where the profiling is. Also, how would you, as a 2nd Amendment advocate, address this issue? I.e., how would you (or would you) address the issue of zombies (oh, there I go again) coming for what you have?

(Feel free to edit)
    The same way I'd handle somebody breaking into my home before SHTF.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links