Hi-Power,....I'm in love.

This is a discussion on Hi-Power,....I'm in love. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had an opportunity to handle a Hi-Power yesterday,....I'm in love. I like the low profile slim feel of this gun. I also like the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Hi-Power,....I'm in love.

Hi-Power,....I'm in love.

I had an opportunity to handle a Hi-Power yesterday,....I'm in love.

I like the low profile slim feel of this gun. I also like the external extractor, and lack of barrel bushing - recoil spring plug.

If you're someone who hates the 1911 at least give this gun a try.
    gatorbait51 and wdbailey like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Love my Hi-Power! One of the things I Love about it is the controls are just like my 1911's, the Hi-Power lacks the grip saftey and is a lot lighter to carry.
    gatorbait51 and Yetiman like this.

Distinguished Member
    I'm assuming your talking about a browning hi-power?

Yes, they are sweet, beautiful guns! I got to shoot one of a friends around 2 years ago, it was fantastic. I was shooting about 15 yards and making some quite decent shots on a 12" target, especially for my first time shooting one and my inexperience at the time.

Here's a pic I snagged of it, really wish I had gotten one with the target after. Its another one of the guns on my wish list, unfortunately it's down the list a little, somewhere in the next few years .

matts phone 449.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I have one--great shooter and natural pointer.
    A keeper!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Dealers see me coming and hide them.....say it's too hard to get all the drool wiped off of them!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I like the bluing on that gun.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I'm assuming your talking about a browning hi-power?

Yes, they are sweet, beautiful guns! I got to shoot one of a friends around 2 years ago, it was fantastic. I was shooting about 15 yards and making some quite decent shots on a 12" target, especially for my first time shooting one and my inexperience at the time.

Here's a pic I snagged of it, really wish I had gotten one with the target after. Its another one of the guns on my wish list, unfortunately it's down the list a little, somewhere in the next few years .

matts phone 449.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'm a high power fan as well... For me it's the hi-cap alternative to the 1911. More from the mind of JOHN MOSES BROWNING!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    I have one--great shooter and natural pointer.
    A keeper!!!
    Just hurt me some more, you sadist...
    WHEC724 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I'm a high power fan as well... For me it's the hi-cap alternative to the 1911. More from the mind of JOHN MOSES BROWNING!
    Spuk, not you too? Two sadists I count among my friends.. ohh the humanity....

If you want a Hi-Power get a clone made by FEG out of Hungary. Every bit as good as a Browning at half the cost. FEG is no longer in business but there are many out there. Used by many European militarys and LEOs. I have two of them a PJK-9HP and a P9M put Hogue grips on them and they are great guns. Identical to Hi-Power except for ambidextrous safety and adjustable rear sights.
    gatorbait51 and zonker1986 like this.

yup, sweetest pistol on the planet IMO... sad part about that statement is, I don't even have one. I have owned two, but was too dumb to appreciate the quality.. I think I'm gonna make a point to find one in the near future.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOwen View Post
    If you want a Hi-Power get a clone made by FEG out of Hungary. Every bit as good as a Browning at half the cost. FEG is no longer in business but there are many out there. Used by many European militarys and LEOs. I have two of them a PJK-9HP and a P9M put Hogue grips on them and they are great guns. Identical to Hi-Power except for ambidextrous safety and adjustable rear sights.
    Except they ain't hi powers .
    archer51 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I love my Hi Power. Been carrying it a lot lately in a Garrity Incognito IWB holster. I bought it new in '94 and sent it off to Novak's for a laundry list of refinements.

When I bought this gun, I owned only 1911's which was pretty much the case till a couple years ago (with the exception of an HK P7m8). In the early-mid 90's everyone wanted a Baretta 92, and I couldn't figure out why when the Hi Power was so much slimmer and easier to carry and conceal.

Not the best picture, but one I shot quick a few weeks ago:
    gatorbait51, OD* and got2hav1 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Except they ain't hi powers .
    not everyone can drop a grand for a new Hi-Power. This is probably as close as I'll ever get to a HP since my daughter opted
    for grad school instead of getting a job. Found this one for $325 in 98% condition and added some grips from Cylinder and Slide. Bluing on this gun is just beautiful and it shoots......like a Hi-Power. Wish I had the hard chrome PJK-9HP back that I bought at Walmart on closeout for $175 in 1994....what a shooter.

gatorbait51 and Yetiman like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links