Salesman of the year . again

This is a discussion on Salesman of the year . again within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whether you like Breitbart or not, this is interesting, especially in light of new New York insults and the upcoming dance on dead kids .... ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By gatorbait51
  • 3 Post By blitzburgh
  • 5 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 4 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By gatorbait51
  • 3 Post By farsidefan1
  • 1 Post By maxwell97

Thread: Salesman of the year . again

VIP Member

Whether you like Breitbart or not, this is interesting, especially in light of new New York insults and the upcoming dance on dead kids ....

Firearm Manufacturers' Success Shows 'Americans Clearly Don't Want' Gun Control
    blitzburgh likes this.

Even firms which promised to liquidate their firearm investments in the wake of Newtown -- such as Cerberus Capital Management -- have been slow to do so, suggesting the extent to which "money talks" in the gun control debate.
    An investment firm hesitating to walk away from gains? How surprising. Money talks and bravo sierra walks, as we all know.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, the people in power don't give a fig whether we "want" gun control or not. Unless we vote out all the bad guys and Impeach a few national figures - and do a lot of both very fast - we might wind up with it anyway.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    It's no different than when Al Gore was denouncing the tobacco industry back in the 90's, while he was invested in it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I would actually be surprised to find out that the Little King, Shotgun Joe, Aunt "lets take em all" Feinstein and some others arent reaping financial gains on the stock market in some way from the run on guns and ammo.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    It's no different than when Al Gore was denouncing the tobacco industry back in the 90's, while he was invested in it.
    Al Bore used to speak of growint the tobacco, choppin' the tobacco, harvestin' the tobacco to his constituents .. I guess about the time his mama was singing "Look for the Union Label"
    oneshot likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Politicians don't need to invest in gun companies to reap ridiculous profits. They are exempt from insider trading laws. They know some company is about to get a juicy gov contract and they can buy it up before any announcement. Look at their net worth after a single term. As a registered principal I would get a $10,000,000 fine for that (yes, 7 zeros). An effort was made to stop that advantage but it got "edited out" so they can still do it last I heard. It's an even sweeter deal than they get for health insurance and that my friends is a SWEET deal.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Politicians don't need to invest in gun companies to reap ridiculous profits. They are exempt from insider trading laws. They know some company is about to get a juicy gov contract and they can buy it up before any announcement. Look at their net worth after a single term. As a registered principal I would get a $10,000,000 fine for that (yes, 7 zeros). An effort was made to stop that advantage but it got "edited out" so they can still do it last I heard. It's an even sweeter deal than they get for health insurance and that my friends is a SWEET deal.
    Didn't know that. Not surprising, though.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Hope that this is correct.

Links