Glock 26 - Brass to the face - My experience today with customer service

This is a discussion on Glock 26 - Brass to the face - My experience today with customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 about 16 months ago. The handgun has been reliable. Occasionally it would throw brass near my face but ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Glock 26 - Brass to the face - My experience today with customer service

Unhappy Glock 26 - Brass to the face - My experience today with customer service

I purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 about 16 months ago. The handgun has been reliable. Occasionally it would throw brass near my face but it wasn't anything bad. On my last range outing I was firing Winchester White Box 115gr and almost every other round was hitting my face. My FFL is also a Glock armorer. I explained the problem to him and he explained that Glock had a fix for this problem and that I should give them a call.

Today I called Glock customer service. Kevin answered the phone. He asked me if I tried other brands of ammunition or ammunition with a higher grain. I told him, that the reason I purchased a Glock is because they are very reliable and work with all kinds of factory ammunition. He said the round was under powered that I should try other brands or bullets with a higher grain (125, 147) and left it at that.

Is his response reasonable? Are Glock 9mm unreliable with 9mm 115gr? Needless to say I am disappointed. I am thinking about trading the handgun. The pain is I already have several holsters for this gun and know that there are other reliable G26 G4s out there that shoot 9mm 115gr reliably. Any advice is appreciated.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Don't really care for the response you got, but sometimes things just are what they are. It does go bang every time with White Box doesn't it? If so I wouldn't call it a reliability issue, but more of an annoyance. Someone here will probably be able to tell you how to fix it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I feel like he was blowing smoke. i have had $100 9mm's that shoot 115 WWB just fine.. I also believe the gen 4 glocks did have a problem with the extractors. I have a gen 3 g27 and have never had any brass hit me in the face.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

"The pain is I already have several holsters for this gun and know that there are other reliable G26 G4s out there that shoot 9mm 115gr reliably."

Either I'm missing something or your G26 G4 is also shooting 115gr reliably or there wouldn't be any brass hitting you in the face.

Far as how to fix that, I've never had that problem...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    when there are multiple types of similar priced ammo available that will function the gun
    i'd say it is a no brainer to choose one of them. the prospect of starting a discussion aver something,
    the fix of which is so easy...time and effort better spent on more important things.

I have a car that likes higher octane. so I can fill up with 87 but it stumbles and ain't what it can be.
    feed it 94 and I get extra horsepower and great performance. my choice

as for a fix: my defender did that also and a few minutes with the ejector and a file fixed it 100%
    if you are not mechanically inclined, bring the gun to a smith and pay for his time. should not
    take him more than a few minutes.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Glock 26 - Brass to the face - My experience today with customer service

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    "The pain is I already have several holsters for this gun and know that there are other reliable G26 G4s out there that shoot 9mm 115gr reliably."

Either I'm missing something or your G26 G4 is also shooting 115gr reliably or there wouldn't be any brass hitting you in the face.

Far as how to fix that, I've never had that problem...
    Maybe I am too picky. Is constant brass in the face with WWB reasonable?

The reason I picked a 9mm is that you can get lower priced ammo for practice. Alas, I may need to buy pricier ammo for this one.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Short term, wear a hat. The brim should deflect most brass coming your way.

Longer term, have it looked into. You may have an extractor issue. Mine works fine with whatever I feed it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    when there are multiple types of similar priced ammo available that will function the gun
    i'd say it is a no brainer to choose one of them. the prospect of starting a discussion aver something,
    the fix of which is so easy....
    I get your point. I was hoping I could stop by Wally World buy any kind of factory brass ammo and not have any problem with brass to the face...

I guess I was wrong...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    I get your point. I was hoping I could stop by Wally World buy any kind of factory brass ammo and not have any problem with brass to the face...

I guess I was wrong...
    You are not wrong. Your gun should shoot anything you put through it with no problems EVERY TIME.. and not ejecting properly is a problem. could cause a stovepipe when your life depends on it. I would call Glock back and demand a new extractor.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post

Longer term, have it looked into. You may have an extractor issue. Mine works fine with whatever I feed it.
    I was hoping for a long term fix from Glock. I also have a G17 and G22 that have been 100%. Don't know why this is normal for the 26.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    Maybe I am too picky. Is constant brass in the face with WWB reasonable?

The reason I picked a 9mm is that you can get lower priced ammo for practice. Alas, I may need to buy pricier ammo for this one.
    WWB is not junk, brass in face is not normal,even with a Glock.

i have sent thousands and thousands of WWB down range with a variety of pistols and never had anyone of them throw brass in my face.

WWB is not the cheapest ammo, around my parts WWB usually cost a bit more then federal and PMC.
    Chad0724 and gatorbait51 like this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member
    A Glock with a factory fault? I thought they were always perfect. Glock Perfection. Please take this in the spirit in which it was posted-humor.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Could be a good thing. Learning to duck while shooting is a good skill set.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    A Glock with a factory fault? I thought they were always perfect. Glock Perfection. Please take this in the spirit in which it was posted-humor.
    I was not expecting perfection... The response from customer service is what disappoints me.

I may try another outing to the range with Nato 9mm and see how it goes. The 26 G4 is easy to carry and feels good in my hand. However, the possibility of BTF in a defensive situation will keep this one out of my carry rotation until I figure out how to fix this problem.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

My Gen 3 Glock 26 does the same thing, but generally only the last round out of the mag (regardless of the mag I am using). I've detail stripped it and didn't see any obvious issues, but I'm not a Glock armorer. However, it never does it with defensive ammo. It's an inconvenience I'd like to fix, but it doesn't bother me enough to start changing out parts. To the OP, I'd suggest using a mag of defensive ammo (maybe when you're replacing carry ammo with new stuff) just to see the results.

It won't fix your problem but you have more info. to use troubleshooting the problem. Just a thought.

ETA - maybe you don't carry concealed - if so, forget I even brought it up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links