NJ Mayor wants manufacturers to answer safety questions before being considered

This is a discussion on NJ Mayor wants manufacturers to answer safety questions before being considered within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New Jersey mayor wants gun bidders to answer safety questions | WTVR.com "Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said Wednesday that answering questions about social responsibility ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: NJ Mayor wants manufacturers to answer safety questions before being considered

NJ Mayor wants manufacturers to answer safety questions before being considered

New Jersey mayor wants gun bidders to answer safety questions | WTVR.com

"Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said Wednesday that answering questions about social responsibility is now part of the bidding process."

"The six questions are: “What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?”
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Imbecilic questions from a moron. They don't even deserve an answer.

Tell us what you really think, OlCop.

I agree with you.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I dont think any gun manufacturer is going to fall all over themselves agreeing to be hog tied in what they do as a corporation to arm 800 LE. Any that do need their head examined.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I'd act like a politician and tell them everything they want to hear...

then, I'd go do as I please.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Obviously that mayor is a jackass.

VIP Member
    I hope Hi Point gets their business.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I hope Hi Point gets their business.

LOL I dont think even Hi Point will go that far but who knows lol.

What should happen is said Mayor gets no bids from any gun maker at all, has to tuck tail and back up on this ignorance.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I wonder if he asks the same question of swimming pool and bicycle manufacturers, whose products are known to be responsible for more youth deaths than firearms.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

And if they all say no?
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I wonder if he asks the same question of swimming pool and bicycle manufacturers, whose products are known to be responsible for more youth deaths than firearms.
    You are assuming that he uses common sense. When was the last time a politician from New Jersey got accused of using common sense?

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I will be a great day if no one bids!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    And if they all say no?
    His police dept gets issued a slingshot and a box of rocks.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

The six questions are: “What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime?
    Why, your Lordship, I will do everything possible to educate the masses.

Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use?
    Why of course not your highness. I understand that assault weapons are more deadly than standard weapons.

Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use?
    Of course, your majesty. I too understand that the common unwashed masses of commoners can not be trusted with such things.

Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks?
    Surely Sire, a small oversight on your part as dealers which are federally licensed are already required to do that.

Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology?
    But of course I do my benevolent Master. I do whatever I can to limit violence.

Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?”
    Yes, of course my Lord. I would do all that I could to possibly instill the idea that self defense if completely unacceptable here in this great state of New Joisey.

And then I would get the contract. Sell whatever I wanted to the cops. And do as I danged well pleased included spending every free penny to make sure that Mr. Douchbag is unelected from his position of "authority".

VIP Member
    "The six questions are:

1) “What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? Ans. Scrupulously observe the law.

2) Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? Ans. We don't sell FA to civilians unless they paid the Federal tax and the weapons are legal in the state where they are purchased. Again, we scrupulously follow the law.

3) Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? Ans. Got a Ferinstance? We sell only legal products through legal distribution channels. We scrupulously follow the law.

4) Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? Ans. Uncle Sam requires our dealers to do background checks. We expect our dealers to follow the law. We don't sell to dealers who we suspect are not following the law. We scrupulously follow the law.

5) Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Nope. We try to make a profit. We aren't a University and we don't do sociology research. Got any grant money for us? We have done research on smart gun technology, but there is no market for such
    products at this time. If there were such a market, we would sell into it. We try to make a profit.

6) Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?” Ans. We have no control over what others do. We can't possibly stop video game producers from using our name or images of our products. We could in theory sue any of them who do so without permission. Would you like to provide funds and/or attorneys so we can sue everyone who violates our Trademark and Tradename? We stay in business by making a profit.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links