Scope for Winchester 190

This is a discussion on Scope for Winchester 190 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Donnie D's Scope for Winchester 190 - YouTube Donnie D...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DonnieD

Thread: Scope for Winchester 190

Scope for Winchester 190

"When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

2. Remove Ads

The 190 I have one around here we shot so much for so many years that it is 100% wore out. My sons grew up learning to shoot with it.
    On a rainy day we would shoot out the back door at targets and burn up 500-1000 rounds.
    Life was good before Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The 190 I have one around here we shot so much for so many years that it is 100% wore out. My sons grew up learning to shoot with it.
    On a rainy day we would shoot out the back door at targets and burn up 500-1000 rounds.
    Tell me about it.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Good video!

I can't get over how good that rifle looks with the redone stock and the receiver stripped of all adonizing. Very classy and sharp as a two-tone.

Since my first self-contained metallic cartridge arm was a Winchester Model 190, I'd been entertaining picking up another Model 190, partially to relive my youth, and your videos posted about your 190 pushed me over the edge. While at the gun show last weekend, I ran onto a Model 190 with a Weaver K-3 stuck on it for chump change. Almost like buying the rifle and getting the scope for free. The K-3 is intriguing to me. Don't know that I'll leave it on the .22 rifle but will go shoot the rifle from the bench rest at 100 yards in order to see what it can do with different brands of ammo while it is still scoped.

Another gun to make room for and it's all your fault, Donnie!
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    That's what happened to mine. Bought it new in 1971 and shot the livin' hooey out of it. The trigger sear finally gave up the ghost some time during my early 20s. I ordered another complete trigger assembly from Numrich and stuck it in to gain another 20 years or so of heavy use out of the rifle. Trigger gave out again and the rifle languished in a closet for some years until I traded it away for next to nothing just to get it out of the way. A few years later I found myself regretting losing the little rifle which provided so much fun and fired so many dreams in my young teen years.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Good video!

I can't get over how good that rifle looks with the redone stock and the receiver stripped of all adonizing. Very classy and sharp as a two-tone.

Since my first self-contained metallic cartridge arm was a Winchester Model 190, I'd been entertaining picking up another Model 190, partially to relive my youth, and your videos posted about your 190 pushed me over the edge. While at the gun show last weekend, I ran onto a Model 190 with a Weaver K-3 stuck on it for chump change. Almost like buying the rifle and getting the scope for free. The K-3 is intriguing to me. Don't know that I'll leave it on the .22 rifle but will go shoot the rifle from the bench rest at 100 yards in order to see what it can do with different brands of ammo while it is still scoped.

Another gun to make room for and it's all your fault, Donnie!
    But ain't it all just soooo much fun?
    Donnie D
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Links