My girlfriend is Anti gun :(

This is a discussion on My girlfriend is Anti gun :( within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am finding out that they are impossible to convert :( She doesn’t try to stop me from carrying but I have to hear the ...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree789Likes

Thread: My girlfriend is Anti gun :(

I am finding out that they are impossible to convert :( She doesn’t try to stop me from carrying but I have to hear the typical crap all the time about how gun control is good.. It drives me crazy!
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbirchem0724 View Post
    I am finding out that they are impossible to convert :( She doesn’t try to stop me from carrying but I have to hear the typical crap all the time about how gun control is good.. It drives me crazy!
    My wife's entire family is rabidly anti-gun. I deal with it.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    This problem is easily solved.

Find a new girlfriend.

So get rid of her. You're not married or engaged, so you have no obligation to remain with her. If she doesn't fit, find someone that does.

I hear the gun range is a great place to pick up chicks.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    So get rid of her. You're not married or engaged, so you have no obligation to remain with her. If she doesn't fit, find someone that does.

I hear the gun range is a great place to pick up chicks.
    So are bars, where I found lots of my ex-girlfriends.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Convince her to go shooting at a range with you. Try starting off with a BB-Gun if you have to. Show her guns can be as much fun as they can be used for safety reasons. My friends wife was against them, and didn't want him to have one. He finally convinced her to go out with us and go shooting at a range. She LOVED it! Shortly after that she let him buy one.
    GaugedFreak
    - NRA Member
    - GSSF Member

VIP Member
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I've only dated maybe two girls that were actually anti-2A instead of just not being interested in shooting. It didn't last long but it wasn't because of our difference in views.

If it's a serious relationship then you'll have a lot of time and opportunities to possibly bring her back to reality. Hopefully, it won't take a robbery or worse happening to her (or you).
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GaugedFreak View Post
    Convince her to go shooting at a range with you. Try starting off with a BB-Gun if you have to. Show her guns can be as much fun as they can be used for safety reasons. My friends wife was against them, and didn't want him to have one. He finally convinced her to go out with us and go shooting at a range. She LOVED it! Shortly after that she let him buy one.
    That makes me cringe (for lack of better words)...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    I personally would lose her... sooner than later.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cbirchem0724 View Post
    Does she read the paper, or listen to the news, and not appreciate that bad things happen to good folks all the time? Anytime, anywhere.

Does she understand the simplicity of the concept that a person who's armed has a greater chance of withstanding violent crime than an unarmed person, that disarming victims does nothing to reduce the number of victims? (Ignoring accidents and negligence, for a moment.)

Does she believe a violent felon is going allow a person a "time out" to make that call to 911/emergency, or that the cavalry will arrive in time (3-30mins down the road) to "save" the day?

Does she believe it's someone else's responsibility to keep us protected from violence, on the instant of violence occurring?

Has she been in a simple situation of violence, in which one person was armed and the other wasn't? Does she appreciate the utter simplicity of the force multiplying effect of a quality tool ... no matter what the situation? (ie, screwdriver for tightening a screw; hammer for driving a nail; saw for cutting wood; bat for hitting a home run; fire extinguisher for putting out flames; and a knife/gun/whatever for halting predators.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I took her shooting at she had fun shooting the .40 after that she said she wanted to maybe get a pink revolver.. Then she talked to her family about the Arapahoe HS shooting (where she went to HS) and boom she was anti gun again the next day..
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

Sometimes you just have to tell them that they don't have to like it. This line is useful in variety of situations.

If she doesn't try to stop you carrying, oh well. But if she gets too smug with the rhetoric, you could always check online for crime videos showing gunless BG's beating the living crap out of innocent people. Show her a few of those and see what she thinks.
    gatorbait51 and fredg53 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    There are times that you will be in a good relationship but there will be one or two things in which you disagree. You have to make up your mind if those things are more important than the relationship.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Links