The Wife Has Turn The Corner.

This is a discussion on The Wife Has Turn The Corner. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; She is looking at guns on her computer. LOL! she is trying to find one that is cute....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: The Wife Has Turn The Corner.

  1. #1
    Member Array Hank19119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    166

    The Wife Has Turn The Corner.

    She is looking at guns on her computer. LOL! she is trying to find one that is cute.
    tony1990, deadsexy, darbo and 5 others like this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,976
    Oh dear. That's some reason to pick a gun. Cute!
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    3,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank19119 View Post
    She is looking at guns on her computer. LOL! she is trying to find one that is cute.
    Does she like pink ?:
    pink For Sale Gun Auctions Gun Classifieds For pink Refine Your Search For pink Below. 150467_large.jpeg

    Yes first get her a cute little 22lr then a 38 then say hey I got you this nice holster purse to carry it in you want to go get a permit to cary then you bring out the pink AK and AR .
    Nmuskier likes this.

  5. #4
    Member Array Hank19119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Oh dear. That's some reason to pick a gun. Cute!
    LOL! I take what I can get. A year ago, I couldn`t get her to pick a gun up.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank19119 View Post
    She is looking at guns on her computer. LOL! she is trying to find one that is cute.
    Momma needs a gift certificate.

    Perhaps she'll even get you interested in shopping, again. Win/win.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,340
    My local gun shop had a killer deal on a little pink 380 pocket pistol. $100 less than the black one I bought. Since FL is a NO open carry state, I gave it serious consideration. I figured the only person that would see it would be the person attacking me, and the muzzle flash would make determining the color very difficult. Plus the baddest dude in the county should carry a pink gun. I mean, a dude that doesn't care enough to carry a pink gun won't think twice about shooting someone. In the end, I chickened out and bought the black one. I'm not bad enough for a pink gun. They still have it, and the price keeps coming down. Not sure how low it will have to go before I buy it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Array Alex_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    My local gun shop had a killer deal on a little pink 380 pocket pistol. $100 less than the black one I bought. Since FL is a NO open carry state, I gave it serious consideration. I figured the only person that would see it would be the person attacking me, and the muzzle flash would make determining the color very difficult. Plus the baddest dude in the county should carry a pink gun. I mean, a dude that doesn't care enough to carry a pink gun won't think twice about shooting someone. In the end, I chickened out and bought the black one. I'm not bad enough for a pink gun. They still have it, and the price keeps coming down. Not sure how low it will have to go before I buy it.
    $100+ discount AND you get to show your support for the fight against breast cancer? Bargain!
    BugDude and Jeanlouise like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

  9. #8
    Member Array rwponline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    202
    That's wonderful that she has turned the corner, I hope follows through and ends up with something that will work well for her.

    When my wife did the same, I took her to the range and let her try out several different guns, from a 10 oz .380 to a 46 oz all steel CZ. Like most new shooters I've tried this with, she settled on a compact/subcompact in the 25-20 oz range. Small enough to conceal, but easy to shoot well.

    Too many new shooters pick a tiny gun that is difficult to shoot accurately (causing them to get discouraged), uncomfortable to shoot (no fun = no practice), and unreliable.

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,701
    Its amazing how some females wont touch a firearm unless its pink, neon green or purple

    When we were looking for the wifes latest EDC I mentioned they made guns in pink etc now.

    I got one of those looks and was semi politely informed that if I mentioned a pink purple or Honey Boo Boo gun to her again she would ask to see the first one we came to and beat me over the head with it.
    Hers is stainless and black needless to say.
    ShooterGranny and 88keys like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

  11. #10
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank19119 View Post
    She is looking at guns on her computer. LOL! she is trying to find one that is cute.
    When the wife cleans her own gun after getting back from the range then you know she really turned the corner....

    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.


  12. #11
    Member Array rwponline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Its amazing how some females wont touch a firearm unless its pink, neon green or purple

    When we were looking for the wifes latest EDC I mentioned they made guns in pink etc now.

    I got one of those looks and was semi politely informed that if I mentioned a pink purple or Honey Boo Boo gun to her again she would ask to see the first one we came to and beat me over the head with it.
    Hers is stainless and black needless to say.

    Once my wife got good with her Sig, she started looking for a Nano. We found a store that had all the colors, and I asked her if she liked the pink one. She politely informed me that "It's a gun, not a toy - I'm getting the FDE one."

    I was very proud.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array maxwell97's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Its amazing how some females wont touch a firearm unless its pink, neon green or purple

    When we were looking for the wifes latest EDC I mentioned they made guns in pink etc now.

    I got one of those looks and was semi politely informed that if I mentioned a pink purple or Honey Boo Boo gun to her again she would ask to see the first one we came to and beat me over the head with it.
    Hers is stainless and black needless to say.
    At least most pink guns are light. If you see a pink Model 29, keep it to yourself!
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

  14. #13
    Member Array Hank19119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Does she like pink ?:
    pink For Sale Gun Auctions Gun Classifieds For pink Refine Your Search For pink Below. 150467_large.jpeg

    Yes first get her a cute little 22lr then a 38 then say hey I got you this nice holster purse to carry it in you want to go get a permit to cary then you bring out the pink AK and AR .
    She likes the Charter Arms Pink Lady. She will never have to worry about me taking her gun,if she settles on it. :)
    Ghost1958 likes this.

  15. #14
    Member Array deadsexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    244
    My wife is really getting into guns too, kind of out of the blue. The other night she said she had a dream where she ran out of ammo,so she wants a couple of extra mags. Lol I've been taking her to the range along with my daughter and they both are really enjoying the range time and training. Definitely a corner turned for my wife also,she was never been anti but after the Corp she hadn't touched a gun.
    Hank19119 likes this.

  16. #15
    Member
    Array rcsoftexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    325
    Since October I have really been working on honing my S.A. skills and for some reason I thought what better place to start honing than right here at home with all the new S.A. knowledge I have learned here, I am now not sure I want my wife packing any kind of gun, now.......especially a cute pink gun. LOL


    But I am happy for you. Would make a fun stocking stuffer for sure.
    Hank19119 and Ghost1958 like this.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKnEA...C4C7BEE0A02E48

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •