Politeness when packing.

Politeness when packing.

This is a discussion on Politeness when packing. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have all my life been respectful and polite.That was just the way I was raised.But now that I have been carrying it seems that ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Politeness when packing.

Politeness when packing.

I have all my life been respectful and polite.That was just the way I was raised.But now that I have been carrying it seems that I am even more polite to people that I encounter through the course of my day. A simple acknowledgement or positive comment to someone such as a store clerk makes me feel good and probably them too. It does not take any effort to treat our fellow man/woman with respect and just maybe it will make our world a little better. I would like to know if anybody else has had this change since they have been carring or if it has done the opposite such as unfriendly and uncaring.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Yep. It's a fact, Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by amendment4 View Post
    I have all my life been respectful and polite.That was just the way I was raised.But now that I have been carrying it seems that I am even more polite to people that I encounter through the course of my day. A simple acknowledgement or positive comment to someone such as a store clerk makes me feel good and probably them too. It does not take any effort to treat our fellow man/woman with respect and just maybe it will make our world a little better. I would like to know if anybody else has had this change since they have been carring or if it has done the opposite such as unfriendly and uncaring.
    I`M the same way! When I carry ,I find myself being extra polite and having a greater tolerance level for rude people. I know this is shocking to anti gun nuts,but I hope I never have to pull my gun.

VIP Member
    Yes Jack i find the same thing , I think i have always been polite but it is taken up a notch or two .
    amendment4 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I am a lot more tolerant of people when I carry. If someone tries to get under my skin I just ignore them. Years ago I might not have been so calm about people that are very rude and want to pick a fight.
    Sap03 and amendment4 like this.

Same here... I also find myself obeying traffic laws more closely to avoid traffic stops.
    brocktice, niks, Alex_C and 1 others like this.

In my opinion a gun is an amplifier, in the sense that a nice guy becomes nicer while a jerk becomes worse.

When I drive a big U-Haul truck I'm always extra careful on the road because it's easier for me to cause major damage to life and property; a jerk would feel that the big mass of the truck offers him more protection that allows him to be less considerate.

VIP Member
    No, I am the same charmer I have always been.
    StormRhydr and amendment4 like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by amendment4 View Post
    It does not take any effort to treat our fellow man/woman with respect and just maybe it will make our world a little better.
    Funny, how simple it can be. And how with many people it can take a "gun to the head" to wake us up (in the barest sense of the phrase, of course).

But, you're right. It can help many recognize the utter simplicity: it's simply not worth our while to get bent about the little things. Never has been. And being pleasant and courteous can be at least as easy, and far more rewarding, than otherwise. Momma was right. As was her momma ... and hers.
    amendment4 and mr.stuart like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Pretty much the same.............when I was carrying at work......calm, pleasant and respectful.
    BadgerJ and amendment4 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I only notice a difference in weight.
    msgt/ret, WHEC724 and amendment4 like this.

Carrying a firearm for me has not changed the person that I have always been. I'm really no more "nice" than I have been prior to carrying.

The thing is that I am more aware of how the attitude towards me has changed. There are "not so nice" people out there who don't care about you or how "nice" you are, they just want what you have and sometimes are willing to take it from you with force and violence. Some of them also carry a gun.

This is how our society has gone. We (concealed carry people) seem to be made to be even "nicer" because we carry, but those who are not "nice" continue unchallenged. There is no difference between someone who is carrying and not when it comes to being nice and respectful. The one's who have chosen to not be are the reasons why we carry our handgun and go through the hoops of fire to obtain the permit to conceal it. Maybe they should take a lesson or two in being nice.

I'm really not concerned with how people think my attitude is if I carry, there is a reason for it and the fact that I do has not changed me.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    In my opinion a gun is an amplifier, in the sense that a nice guy becomes nicer while a jerk becomes worse.

When I drive a big U-Haul truck I'm always extra careful on the road because it's easier for me to cause major damage to life and property; a jerk would feel that the big mass of the truck offers him more protection that allows him to be less considerate.
    This is brilliant. Consider the idea stolen!
    amendment4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    This is brilliant. Consider the idea stolen!
    Not so fast! I demand my $ 0.02!
    amendment4 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links