This girl has some good information that most of us wouldn't think of

This is a discussion on This girl has some good information that most of us wouldn't think of within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7nqdV7...%3Dl7nqdV7wV2k...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: This girl has some good information that most of us wouldn't think of

This girl has some good information that most of us wouldn't think of

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    I stopped at 10 seconds. She said she DOESN'T VOTE. It is people like her that gave us the country we are trying to survive in today. Sure she doesn't vote BUT the people wanting to take her, and more important OUR RIGHTS away, are voting.
    Last edited by OD*; December 21st, 2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Creative work around removed

She has good knowledge on 'directed verdicts' and how our elected officials control us. I learned about that during Justice degree, but must folks have power they never dreamed of.
    It is good she is educating them. She does a LOT of work for our 2nd Amend, makes my 'daily' efforts look minimal.
    Good on her! We need more 'educated & informed' people, like her, fighting this corrupt system. A few like her goes a long way towards restoring our freedoms.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I stopped at 10 seconds. She said she DOESN'T VOTE. It is people like her that gave us the country we are trying to survive in today. Sure she doesn't vote BUT the people wanting to take her, and more important OUR RIGHTS away, are voting.
    Hey don't sugar coat it tell us what you really think!!!
    Last edited by OD*; December 21st, 2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: remove creative work around from quote
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I don't vote either, mainly due to the fact that i'm not a citizen so I don't get a vote. But I wouldn't use it even if I did have one, they all have the same agenda at the end of the day, just different methods.

Sara Lou
    Last edited by OD*; December 21st, 2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: remove creative work around from quote
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

A very smart young lady she has just guaranteed she will never pull jury duty.

A little as assistance for my Tapatalk Brethren.

No more chit chat about voting.

That's for another thread.

We just had another thread about voting. Go there if you must.

Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    A very smart young lady she has just guaranteed she will never pull jury duty.

I agree, she sounds like a very smart young lady, & well-spoken too. Regardless, she is certainly right on about jury nullification.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 22nd, 2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: removed voting comment

I was with her through the whole jury nullification thing, but as soon as she started to talk about victimless crimes and I started to try and discern what she might be talking about, that's where she lost me.

Just because some crimes don't immediately affect another person besides the perpetrator, that doesn't make them victimless. To go in that direction with this and express such an overly simplistic view while trying to discuss something as complex and controversial as jury nullification kinda took the rest of the shine off it for me.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 22nd, 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Voting reference
    Echo_Four and pittypat21 like this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

I think that the issue of "Jury Nullification" is huge. Something that is apt to be embraced by ...most people, I think.

Imagine a guy put on trial for having magazines that were legal most everywhere, but recently made illegal in his State. And further imagine, that the penalty was harsh.

I can easily see an argument for jury nullification being made. "while this is indeed the law, its not what the law should be. And, that the penalty is too harsh for the offense...".

What this girl is talking about is that in the vast majority of States, a lawyer may NOT raise the issue of Jury Nullification. It has recently been made legal in NH, and I think thats going to be just the first of many States to do so.
    Christopher67 likes this.

Informing others of the power of jury nullification is a good thing; however, she introduces false logic into her video. 1) Her argument about "choosing a master" is ignorant and is simply a choice of not caring enough to have your voice heard and 2) what does she mean by "victimless" crimes? Most of the time when people speak of victimless crimes they just aren't insightful enough to identify a victim b/c there is no blood on the hands of the person that directly or indirectly caused harm. I think she has an agenda (legalization of recreational drugs), but doesn't want to address it directly. Jury nullification is still participating in the political process - just in an indirect way. I wouldn't trust her farther than I could throw her.
    shockwave and Makarovii like this.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't count on jury nullification being mentioned in court rooms in too many states. Simple fact, many legislators are lawyers... and most lawyers don't like the thought of preparing a winning case to have a jury decide to not apply the law. Simple fact two, all legislators are quite confident in their own abilities. They don't want people deciding on a whim that they'll refuse to enforce the law the legislature just spent months working on to pass. We may see it in a few new places but I doubt it will be too widespread.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

well if it isnt mentioned out of fear or dislike by lawyers and politicians that is reason enough to shout it from the rooftops everywhere else until everyone gets it.

Not that it will happen in any great numbers at all but a situation where any trial over owning a gun that is over this many rounds or this type of weapon etc etc was always simply nullified would be a dream come true
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 22nd, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    jsk and Christopher67 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    This is really basic civics and should be understood by all.
    GraySkies likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links