MY sincerest apology to all fellow members

This is a discussion on MY sincerest apology to all fellow members within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday someone posted a video of some chick that was PROUD that she didn't vote. I was not happy with that and expressed my displeasure. ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By CIBMike
  • 8 Post By OD*
  • 4 Post By QKShooter
  • 5 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: MY sincerest apology to all fellow members

Ex Member

MY sincerest apology to all fellow members

Yesterday someone posted a video of some chick that was PROUD that she didn't vote. I was not happy with that and expressed my displeasure. It appears that leaving a message TO A VIDEO IS CONSIDERED "INAPPROPRIATE ACTIVITY" and warrants a warning. To the nameless chick on the video I am terribly sorry if I hurt your feelings, this apology also applies to any other site member who feels a kinship to this disloyal American.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Yesterday someone posted a video of some chick that was PROUD that she didn't vote. I was not happy with that and expressed my displeasure. It appears that leaving a message TO A VIDEO IS CONSIDERED "INAPPROPRIATE ACTIVITY" and warrants a warning. To the nameless chick on the video I am terribly sorry if I hurt your feelings, this apology also applies to any other site member who feels a kinship to this disloyal American.
    You missed my "feeling" by a mile .I can find nothing wrong with you expressing your honest opinion weather I agree or disagree.
    Black Knight likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Link? This is confusing.

Personally You or i can't force someone to the polls. I do know a few people who choose never to vote. I can't imagine what you said to get a warning.

The MODS should have moved or LOCKED the thread.... I don't understand what the warning was about except it was in wrong section? No Offense taken here.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

OD*
    It appears that leaving a message TO A VIDEO IS CONSIDERED "INAPPROPRIATE ACTIVITY" and warrants a warning.
    Your warning (which did not entails points) was for creative work around which is clearly stated in the rules, and which you ALREADY know because it was stated in the PM.

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well. However, out in the real world, it's not so sanitary, when posting a video where it is intended to be used as a teaching tool, you have zero control over what other people say on the video. Whether it's a firearms instructor who may say a few bad words during the course of instruction, or whether you're posting a video surveillance tape of a violent crime being committed and there happens to audio which has people using foul language. The staff feels we shouldn't lose that valuable information because of the bad language rule. A conspicuous warning posted along with the video should be sufficient to satisfy those who have delicate ears. NSFW should be in the thread title and a text warning regarding the language should in included above the link to the video in a post. THIS ALLOWANCE IS ONLY FOR INFORMATION THAT IS RELEVANT TO OUR FOCUS. It is not a pass to use profanity in posts or other usage of profanity on the forum.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Administrator
    Also if you have a problem or an issue with a moderator action then please use the Private Mail feature rather than opening up a new talk thread to voice your complaint.

We ask you to do this NOT because you'll embarrass any Moderators or Moderators will feel intimidated or Moderators will have their feelings hurt publicly.

The reason is that we are not an Internet Chat Site and a certain percentage of our member base who have not read the thread or topic that you are referencing will have absolutely no idea what the heck you are talking about.

This...along with our rule regarding language workarounds are not kept secret. It is all information posted on the forum rules page which you obviously have never bothered to read.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Also if you have a problem or an issue with a moderator action then please use the Private Mail feature rather than opening up a new talk thread to voice your complaint.

We ask you to do this NOT because you'll embarrass any Moderators or Moderators will feel intimidated or Moderators will have their feelings hurt publicly.

The reason is that we are not an Internet Chat Site and a certain percentage of our member base who have not read the thread or topic that you are referencing will have absolutely no idea what the heck you are talking about.

This...along with our rule regarding language workarounds are not kept secret. It is all information posted on the forum rules page which you obviously have never bothered to read.

Here it is right here in this Copy And Paste taken directly from the forum rules page:

A note on FREE SPEECH:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum. These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.

If you feel you can abide by these rules, we hope that you join us on DefensiveCarry.com. We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't." If you do not believe you can stay within these rules, please do us all a favor and go elsewhere. We do not tolerate the intentional breaking of our rules.

Thank you,
    The DefensiveCarry.com Staff

Should you ever have any issues with anything forum related please feel free to send a Private Message to any of our forum Moderators. We do understand that some topics are very "HOT BUTTON" issues and/or you may perceive some Moderator action to be unfair. That is fine and please do feel free to discuss your issue with any Moderator VIA Private Mail in a civil and respectful manner.
    Your complaint will then usually go for review by multiple Moderators who will "weigh in" on the disputed decision.
    Please Note: Losing your temper, ranting, name calling, sarcastic tone and general disrespect in a Private Mail Message to a Moderator or Administrator will get you removed from the forum as will ranting and whining publicly in thread/posts with regard to perceived "unfair" rules and moderation.
    Consider yourself to be warned of this in advance. It is excellent practice for you to know how to make your point like a decent, calm, rational, human being should you ever find yourself in a court of law ~ at some future point in time.

ccw9mm, Kasey88, jenatron and 2 others like this.

Administrator
    And with that. This thread is CLOSED.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Links