Graphite on the trigger

This is a discussion on Graphite on the trigger within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone use graphite to lube the trigger mechanism to smooth the pull? Have done the 25 cent trigger polish already on my Glocks but wondering ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OutWestSystems

Thread: Graphite on the trigger

Graphite on the trigger

Anyone use graphite to lube the trigger mechanism to smooth the pull? Have done the 25 cent trigger polish already on my Glocks but wondering if they would get even better.

2. Remove Ads

Personally, I would not allow graphite anywhere near my firearms.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Why not if I may ask. Works gr

I've tried graphite on various firearms lubrication points but couldn't determine that it offered superior lubrication to plain ol' machine oil which I prefer.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    Graphite powder wont stick around long.

There is a product called "NeoLube" that is graphite suspended in a liquid, something like alcohol, I think.

Its a better application for this purpose. It comes with a brush in the cap, you simply wipe it on the part and then let it dry. You then polish it with a cotton cloth. Do it a couple of times and it impregnates the pores of the steel and keeps it lubricated.

Its the best lube there is for guns on parts that you want to keep lubed without having to mess with it.

Neolube, 2 fl. oz.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl View Post
    Why not if I may ask. Works gr
    Same reason competent locksmiths will never use it in a mechanical lock. It will mix with liquid and form something different or it will breakdown into an unpredictable 'hard' powder, similar to sand/dirt/mud.
    Enough dirt will get into your oil to cause problems you don't need, an Mr. Murphy will decide when.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Better than what? I haven't done anything to my Glock trigger except use it, and it works fine. Too many think a magic trigger job is going to compensate for lack of skill and practice.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I have seen nothing wrong with the Glock trigger out of the box. I have always believed in learning to shoot the firearm, not making the firearm fix my shooting mistakes.
    Str8upguy likes this.

Links