Citizens take law into own hands

Citizens take law into own hands

This is a discussion on Citizens take law into own hands within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Citizens take law into own hands after cash-strapped Ore. county guts sheriff's office | Fox News...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Citizens take law into own hands

RockingGlock32 likes this.

From the article
    There is this little shimmer out there of some giant Santa that is going to come and drop all this money on us because we are well-meaning folks,” he said. “The sleigh is broken, the deer are dead, it’s not going to happen. We have to figure out how we are going to solve this problem.”
    I think the citizens have it figured out.

At the first sign of trouble in a county, city or any form of government. They start by saying the have to cut police, fire and necessary services. They want the people scared so that they vote yes on the tax hikes......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    My farm property taxes have increased four-fold in the last four years. No vote, no appeals process, no recourse. Rest assured the levels of service haven't kept pace. Similarly, a referendum overturned a county-wide sales tax implemented by the county commissioners last year. Guess what-they unanimously approved another one, at double the rate previously voted down.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member
    All they need to do is put up signs that say "Crime is only permitted between the hours of 8am - 4pm M-F".
    StormRhydr and msgt/ret like this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

well, what can ya do if there are no cops? these people got it right.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

VIP Member
    Sheriff: We can't protect you and we don't want you protecting yourselves. Move.

I have two words for him and it ain't Merry Christmas.
    oldnfat, redmc, msgt/ret and 11 others like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

He says the county government seems to be pressuring the citizens to pass an additional tax hike they cannot afford.

Uncle barry giveth and he taketh away... From rural populations of course.

Hold out and when they quit, replace them with folks that are interested in their own community, not the citizens money. This is what happens when local governments suck at the federal teat for too long. The free money will eventually dry up and go where the votes are. The D's won't "feed" those that don't support them forever. They've learned who to butter to keep their power...

crazy. but consistent. cut the most important public services first.....
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

What these lazy, jack booted, free loading, buzzards, could do is give up their "perks" of office, all of the assistants to the offices, and get off their lazy asses and do the job the taxpayers voted them to do.

The politicians are the only real non critical part of any government the people could do without.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

First remove county commissioners and go on from there .
    msgt/ret, CIBMike, BkCo1 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Sheriffs are elected officials in Oregon. Remove the Sheriff first, then the County Commissioners.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

This is typical, when the chips are down there is no government the people can depend on.This kind of stuff has been allowed to go on for too long. In order to make any progress we must rid ourselves of the dimwitted people running things nation wide. The longer we wait the worse it will get.
    USM1976 likes this.

VIP Member
    Start here and work your way up the elected official chain:

Meet the Sheriff

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    If they only have enough personnel to respond to "life-threatening" calls only, I would think they are probably spread out so thin that they wouldn't arrive in time to save the life being threatened.

I guess I would like to see where the rest of money is being spent. Are all programs being cut or just the ones that have the most viability?

I don't know but would be willing to bet if you put the county budget up to a popular vote that the residents would find other things to eliminate other than law enforcement. Might tick off the commissioners though.
    CIBMike and Ghost1958 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links