Which One?

Which One?

This is a discussion on Which One? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At this time I have a Ruger SR.40C. I would like to get something full size, reliable, stay within the $400-500 dollar range, and stick ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Echo_Four
  • 1 Post By Rocky5000100
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Which One?

Which One?

At this time I have a Ruger SR.40C. I would like to get something full size, reliable, stay within the $400-500 dollar range, and stick with .40S&W. I have a few choices in mind but I'm not completely comfortable making a purchase. What are your opinions about my list? Do you have any other suggestions?

Beretta PX4 Storm
    Glock 22
    Springfield XD
    Ruger SR40

VIP Member
    They are all very good guns. Honestly you couldn't go wrong with any of them. My personal preference would be the Glock 22 on top followed closely by the Beretta. The Ruger is a distant third with the XD following up the rear. The XD just feels top heavy to me and I hate the fact that put a grip safety on the gun for no good reason. Other than that it is just a matter of preference.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Px4 storm. It is a great shooter and the recoil is less than other .40s. My glock LEO friend is picking one up for his off duty gun.

I have the compact version, which still has the rotating barrel.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Nothing wrong with any of those, but given that you already have an SR40c, I'd be inclined to stick with the same family and get the SR40. Exact same grip angle, manual of arms, takedown procedures, and magazines. Holsters for the SR40 will probably accept the SR40c... what's not to like?
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links