Toby Keith's New Restaurant Displays 'No Guns Permitted'

This is a discussion on Toby Keith's New Restaurant Displays 'No Guns Permitted' within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I realize this guy bought into a franchise but I still think he is a hypocrite ... among other things. Toby Keith's New Restaurant Displays ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Toby Keith's New Restaurant Displays 'No Guns Permitted'

VIP Member

I realize this guy bought into a franchise but I still think he is a hypocrite ... among other things.

Toby Keith's New Restaurant Displays 'No Guns Permitted' Sign, Outrages Some Gun Fans
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Well 1 word = boycott

Unfortunately, I don't have one of his restaurants around here to boycott. I have a feeling that it was not his personnel decision to ban weapons inside the restaurant.

You mean (gulp) that folks sometimes put profit & political correctness AHEAD of their personal opinions? Let the free-market do its job. If that decision (of itself) leads to empty tables, then there'll soon be a new sigh that says "Free Ammo for 2nd Amendment Supporters". Just follow the money, every time.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

What idot posted a no gun sign at a country resurant . I think if it got out that Toby was anti gun he would not be selling records no more .

Rule 1 of country music dont tick off the people who listan to it in this case good old boys who like to hunt ..

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    What idot posted a no gun sign at a country resurant . I think if it got out that Toby was anti gun he would not be selling records no more .

Rule 1 of country music dont tick off the people who listan to it in this case good old boys who like to hunt ..
    Same thing with A&E...they peeved off all the good ol boys who watched the show and when they realized the financial implications they changed their tune.
    Ghost1958, tdave, JDE101 and 6 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I understand that a NASCAR rule change says that only hybrid vehicles will be allowed to compete for The Cup in 2014.
    atctimmy, DrDP6 and CLASS3NH like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Another idiot that talks one way and does the other.
    He will not have to worry about me as a customer,,,,
    probably saved me a bunch of money.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Typical celebrity in my opinion. I'm sure he'll change it to keep his base alive. Just like A&E did with Duck Dynasty. They chose their profit margin over the opinion of a few.
    AmmoFan01 and tdave like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member
    I can't make a call on whether he is a "hypocrite," or any other character trait or his beliefs.

The restriction may be beyond his control. Also, it's unlikely he would be involved in the decision making process of what can be characterized as minutiae. Maybe it was also a requirement of the insurance carrier.

Who knows.

If you don't want to go to the restaurant, fine, but questioning the man himself seems a bit too much.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Would find my wallet setting in that restaurant seat.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

VIP Member
    Before you guys roast poor Toby over an open flame for any longer, you all need to understand that he doesn't even own those restaurants. Capri Restaurant Group Enterprises is the actual owner. Toby is just licensing his name. I'm sure he could get free food in one, but I doubt the guy could affect any policy without a team of lawyers and both fingers crossed.

Not that I'm excusing it. If he's going to basically sell his endorsement on something, he ought to be darn sure that he has the list of acceptable/unacceptable things buttoned down airtight, and this would be one of those things that he shouldn't have to address after the fact. Obviously it's not going over very well and I'm guessing it'll get removed in short order when the powers that be drop down the edict to do so.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

We saw what pulling Phil Robertsons merchandise did for Cracker Barrel. Lets see how this works.
    AmmoFan01 and BugDude like this.

Toby should open carry into the restaurant. The press coverage would be worth $millions$!

Ex Member
    He, and ANYTHING he he is associated with, are off my list.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links