Anyone else notice the number of 'anti's' on here lately

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice the number of 'anti's' on here lately within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone else notice the disturbing number , that you would see on a gun site, of antis on here lately? Just in the last week ...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree480Likes

Thread: Anyone else notice the number of 'anti's' on here lately

Ex Member

Anyone else notice the number of 'anti's' on here lately

Anyone else notice the disturbing number , that you would see on a gun site, of antis on here lately? Just in the last week we had MANY threads started on why you should NOT VOTE. One guy said if one guy is a 100% scumbag and the other is 99% I will just not vote. Someone else posted a video of some chick explaining why YOU should not vote, that thread got amazingly tons of support.

Now we have threads of restaurants with Toby Keith's name on it pointing out that HIS restaurant are BANNING FIREARMS. Look at it. There are -M-A-N-Y- -M-A-N-Y- on here that support him. 3-5-8 years ago you would not see that type of things like that posted on here.

3,000,000 voters did NOT vote in 2012 giving us the President we now have.

Someone with their name on a building is going to have a 'bit' of influence as to what goes on the door. Think that chain would be busy if it was named Bill Jones rather than Toby Keith?

I am on 4-6 different firearm sites and for whatever reason the antis seem to have found a home here that they get shouted down on other sites.

If I had a political agenda for 2014 and 2016 I would be doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING they are doing, lightly smear gun owners, and tell you your vote doesn't count. African American are 97% single issue voters, they vote by race. No problem with that at all. They do have a right to vote and can do what they please with it. The Gay community also votes single issue. Who promises them the most. Hispanic voters same boat. I would like to think that the due diligence that the NRA does on candidates from every State would encourage gun owners to follow suit, rather than the guy that said "I don't vote for ANYONE who isn't 100% stand up."

Well you 'don't vote people' and the anti's fire away. I a big boy and can handle whatever you got. IF this was my site I would lock any thread that goes against what this site represents: RESPONSIBLE FIREARM OWNERSHIP AND PREFORMING YOUR CIVIC DUTY BY VOTING.
    Kennydale, locotest, ctr and 10 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Didn't catch the voting thread so I won't comment.

As far as Toby Keith's restaurant, I don't think that anyone on DC could be convinced Glockman, PEF and Actimmy etc... are ANTI's, they just might have a different opinion than you might on that issue

Different opinions are what makes the world go around....

Oh, and IBTL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Anyone else notice the disturbing number , that you would see on a gun site, of antis on here lately? Just in the last week we had MANY threads started on why you should NOT VOTE. One guy said if one guy is a 100% scumbag and the other is 99% I will just not vote. Someone else posted a video of some chick explaining why YOU should not vote, that thread got amazingly tons of support.

Now we have threads of restaurants with Toby Keith's name on it pointing out that HIS restaurant are BANNING FIREARMS. Look at it. There are -M-A-N-Y- -M-A-N-Y- on here that support him. 3-5-8 years ago you would not see that type of things like that posted on here.

3,000,000 voters did NOT vote in 2012 giving us the President we now have.

Someone with their name on a building is going to have a 'bit' of influence as to what goes on the door. Think that chain would be busy if it was named Bill Jones rather than Toby Keith?

I am on 4-6 different firearm sites and for whatever reason the antis seem to have found a home here that they get shouted down on other sites.

If I had a political agenda for 2014 and 2016 I would be doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING they are doing, lightly smear gun owners, and tell you your vote doesn't count. African American are 97% single issue voters, they vote by race. No problem with that at all. They do have a right to vote and can do what they please with it. The Gay community also votes single issue. Who promises them the most. Hispanic voters same boat. I would like to think that the due diligence that the NRA does on candidates from every State would encourage gun owners to follow suit, rather than the guy that said "I don't vote for ANYONE who isn't 100% stand up."

Well you 'don't vote people' and the anti's fire away. I a big boy and can handle whatever you got. IF this was my site I would lock any thread that goes against what this site represents: RESPONSIBLE FIREARM OWNERSHIP AND PREFORMING YOUR CIVIC DUTY BY VOTING.
    I guess it all depends on how you define an "anti".
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I am going to work real hard this election cycle to get the type of candidate I see eye to eye with (For instance TX AG Greg Abbott for Gov... who will probably face Lib Dem Moonbat Wendy Davis). There is a difference between the candidates . If in 2016 it becomes Christy Vs Hilary I don't see much of a difference between them. If a third party candidate runs that is more conservative. I would vote for them (Lets say Ted Cruz runs as an independent ). In essence i haven't given up on the system, but a third party candidate draws from the republicans (In this case) and Hilary would win. Hilary is probably worse then Christy, but seeing what Christy has done in NJ you wonder why he isn't a Democrat? I'd like to see a shift to the right, but with Karl Rove, John McCain and the old guard Republicans, you wonder where their heads at when they attack Conservatives or Tea Party. Hopefully Tea Party conservatives will hold their ground when it comes to Primaries. I am tired of holding my nose when I vote. I believe we have hit a point and we are on the verge of a ONE PARTY SYSTEM. (Please note:the RINOS are in favor of SWEEPING IMMIGRATION REFORM, this means amnesty..... lets figure there are at least 10 million illegal immigrants in USA, and if they could vote tomorrow , who would you think they would vote for in POTUS, House of Representatives, and Congress. In essence an over night shift in the political climate of the USA) You think i am wrong or an ANTI because i love the USA of my PARENTS or GRANDPARENTS, let me know.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    for the record, i voted. it's a simple, quick, task that fulfills a civic duty, and may just swing the system a tad my way.

...however, i wonder what our vote really means. i'm not exactly a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist, but i heard a saying once that made me think, it was something like

"if those with power and wealth are NOT trying to change things for the betterment of mankind, they are missing the point, and if they're not trying to at least change things for the betterment of they're offspring; they're fools. usually the rich and powerful will attempt to affect these changes both openly and covertly." - forgot the source and it's not an accurate quote, but the essence, i think, is there.

i know i sure would pull every string i could to swing things my way if i had power. i may not organize devil worshipping cults, but i'd do something.
    ...and who knows, maybe we haven't voted for a major political player since Kennedy. unlikely, but not impossible. maybe my vote is just another data collection like what i buy at the supermarket.

...or 3,000,000 people threw away their chance to change their lives. i'll keep voting, but i'll also keep my eyes and ears open best i can.
    Kennydale and UrsusMedius like this.

Many may not agree with me, regardless of the politician we vote for and elect, this country will continue to fail if the Government refuses to trust in God.

Ibtl
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    India

Bravo

Tango

Lima
    welder516 and msgt/ret like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    No one can get me to not Vote . Not sure i agree with your point but i respect you as making it . I am as stubborn as they come no chance and oh IBTL .
    BkCo1 and UrsusMedius like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Ibtl
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    India

Bravo

Tango

Lima
    C'mon, guys, this stuff is serious.
    Tuco

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Didn't catch the voting thread so I won't comment.

As far as Toby Keith's restaurant, I don't think that anyone on DC could be convinced Glockman, PEF and Actimmy etc... are ANTI's, they just might have a different opinion than you might on that issue

Different opinions are what makes the world go around....

Oh, and IBTL

I agree. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion BUT on a firearms site everyone being on the same side is what one would expect.
    Ghost1958 and ctr like this.

Well.....I'm certainly no anti....Cert Firearms Instructor...this my 23rd year.....but IMO as I stated, guns and liquor don't mix.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I agree. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion BUT on a firearms site everyone being on the same side is what one would expect.
    Lemme see...

Five-shot snubbie with no reload vs. Glock 17 with three extra mags
    Respond vs call 9-1-1 and be a good witness
    Stand and fight vs run and hide
    Go to the direction of the gunfire vs run and hide
    Anyone who carries anything besides a _____________ is going to get themselves killed
    Rambo, mall ninja, cop wannabe, sidewalk commando, etc.

So much for everyone being on the same side.
    Tuco

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmoFan01 View Post
    Many may not agree with me, regardless of the politician we vote for and elect, this country will continue to fail if the Government refuses to trust in God.
    Very true BUT if people don't vote they have NO control wether the JERK is a Christian/Jew or a atheist.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 30th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

VIP Member
    I think more of us here are Gun Friendly or 2A freindly but with any group you may have different ways to get there . Maybe even different points of veiw but i would say not Anti's
    Stoveman likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Links