Glock trigger help, any armorers in the house?

This is a discussion on Glock trigger help, any armorers in the house? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok so I dropped over $200 on a Pyramis trigger and ghost disconnector today for the Glock 19. The store installed the trigger for me ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By frankmako

Thread: Glock trigger help, any armorers in the house?

Ok so I dropped over $200 on a Pyramis trigger and ghost disconnector today for the Glock 19. The store installed the trigger for me and I brought her home and did some dry firing to get use to the new trigger.

I read the directions that came with the trigger on the user adjustable pre-travel and over-travel. Very simple here, just 1 allen screw for each adjustment but there is a warning concerning not to overly adjusting the pre travel to the point of the trigger failing to reset. I adjusted, I dry fired, all is good or so I thought.

Then I saw this video... Glock 23 Goes Full Auto - YouTube (warning there's some language.)

So then I tried to rack the slide in an extremely hard manner and low and behold the trigger failed to reset. I don't remember now as much as I rack my brain whether the striker was cocked or not. I am hoping like heck the trigger was not so far adjusted that the striker block safety was not activated. I backed the pre-travel off to quite a bit.

Let me explain where it was and where it is now with some pictures.
    Here's where it is now.

I brought it home and adjusted the trigger originally so that the circled in red ledge on the dingus had about a mm of daylight between it and the frame.

The directions where not specific here but I guess they mean this one is the proper ledge on the trigger safety dingus.

So where it is adjusted now is pretty close to where it was when I first brought it home and I have racked the slide as hard as I can and I can not get it to have any sort of trigger malfunction. I am positive the gun is safe now but it is a little unnerving that one could be a turn or two away on an allen screw from the issue described in the video. I am also a little irritated the instructions explain how to do the adjustment but, do not include a picture or better description of proper placement of the trigger for safe operation.
    Thoughts?

VIP Member
    Perhaps that is why a lot of people recommend not replacing or fooling around with the factory supplied working parts of a Glock?

Just wondering............
    mrm and StormRhydr like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Perhaps that is why a lot of people recommend not replacing or fooling around with the factory supplied working parts of a Glock?

Just wondering............
    Possible but I also know of a lot of big name smiths that do Glock trigger work so I am not so quick to dismiss the idea of it. If a Glock expert (armorer) answers my question that this trigger is truly a bad idea I will take it back and get my money back.

i would send it back and get my money back. all i can tell is the system is a just like a factory trigger but has two adjustment that you can make to change the angle of the trigger. the glock trigger will drop below 5 pounds with use, around 4 pounds. if you want a lite trigger just drop in a 3.5 disconnector or do the glock .25 cent trigger job on the factory parts. the last disconnector i got last month i paid around $10.00 for it. shop around for the best price, they all are the same. but for a carry gun i keep the trigger factory with no changes. with use the 3.5 drops down to around 3. you do not need to change anything on a glock to make them run good. i even tried the titanimum safety, firing pin, etc... parts once. they are in the parts box now. i have found that the only thing you need to make a glock run is ammo. the more you shoot it the better it gets.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I learned long ago not to mess with triggers and to learn to adapt to each gun instead. One can fix it until it's broke (I did!).
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by glocknjeep View Post
    Possible but I also know of a lot of big name smiths that do Glock trigger work so I am not so quick to dismiss the idea of it. If a Glock expert (armorer) answers my question that this trigger is truly a bad idea I will take it back and get my money back.
    Yeager says to leave them alone. Id say he knows what works, and doesnt work when it comes to Glocks.

Links