Ruger Customer Service

Ruger Customer Service

This is a discussion on Ruger Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wanted to share my experience with Ruger customer service recently. Here's the story. Several weeks ago I ended up with a Ruger GP100 in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Ruger Customer Service

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar

Ruger Customer Service

Just wanted to share my experience with Ruger customer service recently. Here's the story. Several weeks ago I ended up with a Ruger GP100 in a trade.

This GP was several years old, but only shot 25 times by the original owner (I even got the remaining 25 rounds left in the old UMC box). This GP was traded to the guy I got it from. This guy did not shoot it at all, and did not really know much about revolvers at all. When I first checked the GP out I noticed a sticky spot in the cylinder rotation. Knowing the lack of use of this GP, indicated both by history, condition of revolver, and lack of cylinder ring, I figured it might smooth out with use and dry firing.....WRONG! It got worse with live ammo (metal expands with heat) and became dysfunctional, almost locking up.

I contacted Ruger by phone and they said send it in. I shipped it UPS per Ruger's instructions with a letter stating the problems. Within ten days I get an alert from UPS saying it was on it's way back to me. Now here comes the biggest part of the problem. UPS loses my GP. I get NO help from UPS , but Ruger is burning my phone up with updates and they are VERY ACTIVELY pursuing the incompetance of UPS on their end. At one point I got a call from a very courteous and professional Ruger employee named Janet. I think Janet could sense my frustration with UPS (absolutely no fault of Ruger) and she tells me,"Don't you stress about this, if UPS can't find your .357, we are gonna send you a new one".

Well I quit stressing after that and then, lo and behold, UPS finds my revolver, 19 days after they lost it. I went pick it up this morning. It works flawlessly now, super accurate, and it feels like they definately slicked up the trigger too.

My point is that Ruger did great work on this revolver, super quick return on their end, great communication, and FREE OF CHARGE. The "free" part really surprised me since this particular GP100 was twice removed from the original purchaser.

I own 10 Ruger firearms. This was my first experience with Ruger Customer Service ('cause Rugers don't usually break). THEY WERE GREAT !!!! Their work is superb and turnaround quick. Good folks ! Very very satisfied. I always heard this about them, but now I know.

Just wanted to share my experience. Thanks Ruger !!! Great job !!!

UPS........not so much !!!!

Thanks for the post. Real good to hear Ruger is so responsive to customer service because that kind of story seems rarer all the time !

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yep, sounds like Ruger. Glad it worked out for you, now go blast some paper right away!, you could even write UPS on it if you want.
    StormRhydr and Bigsteve113 like this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Fantastic! Ruger has some of the best customer service in the industry if not the best.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I used to run a "Product Service" department, and I hope you take/took the time to let Ruger's Service Department know how you appreciate their treatment of your issue. Believe me when I say the entire Department will be pleased to hear a positive report. Product/Customer Service groups are very accustomed to receiving complaints and they can be very depressing to the staff. The receipt of a letter saying how pleased a customer is with the treatment they have received goes a long way to improving overall service levels.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    That is great to hear Ruger will stand stand behind their products like that. I have been considering buying a 1911 and really like the SR1911 from Ruger. Knowing they will stand behind it if something goes wrong is a big plus!
    Last edited by Tundra5.7; December 31st, 2013 at 03:16 PM.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Customer service is becoming a lost art and it is always good to hear these experiences. I am in the hunt for a new pistol as we speak. I own a Ruger. After reading this I may own two.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I had a problem with a Sig and with a Ruger, and the Sig customer service was outstanding. The Ruger customer service, though, was better. They are indeed outstanding.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I used to run a "Product Service" department, and I hope you take/took the time to let Ruger's Service Department know how you appreciate their treatment of your issue. Believe me when I say the entire Department will be pleased to hear a positive report. Product/Customer Service groups are very accustomed to receiving complaints and they can be very depressing to the staff. The receipt of a letter saying how pleased a customer is with the treatment they have received goes a long way to improving overall service levels.

This ^^^^^^^ is spot on......

Have you ever read Ruger's warranty? They don't have one. They figure it to much to mess with so they keep it simple.
    Well make it right. And they do. Often even when the owner is the one that messed it up.
    Ruger is an Outstanding US owned US made fire arm.
    10thmtn likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Always nice to hear a positive report on customer service. I must say that my experience with Ruger has been nothing less than stellar.

My best,
    D~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I bought a used 44 Mag Super Black Hawk a few years back and after 17 rounds the shroud screw broke and the shroud fell off. The Range sent it to their smith and he called me and said it would be best to send it back to Ruger as they would do a better job. The firearm came back like new with a lot of the parts replaced. They went thru the whole fire arm. Ruger is at the top of my list.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    The way customer service should be.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    i am buyer for a big company, and as such i deal with UPS a lot. ALWAYS get a tracking number for anything more important than Grandma's Xmas card(sometimes even then!) and stay on top of the sucker. just the week before the holiday stupid FedEX lost a 1/2-ton, $62k robot, on a pallet. it left De Pere Wi. made it through indianapolis hub, and, somehow, got put on the wrong truck headed for seattle, not denver. well, i caught that mistake thorugh tracking, got the truck stopped in Kansas City, got it re-loaded and we still got our robot in time. they won't do it for you. i know from experience that robot could've sat on that dock in seattle for WEEKS before anyone bothered to look at it.

...glad to hear you got your piece. and i too have had good experience with Ruger. only once, but i was satisfied.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Gotta love Ruger. I have owned a few and never had a problem with any of them.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links