Legalized theft of firearms

This is a discussion on Legalized theft of firearms within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Legalized Theft of Guns...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Legalized theft of firearms

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Abuse of power is found in all levels of the government...

VIP Member
    So wrong on many levels , I think i would have to fight for my guns just out of being stubborn and right .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Welcome to the U.S.S.A.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    So wrong on many levels , I think i would have to fight for my guns just out of being stubborn and right .
    Me too. I'm fortunate to have the resources to fight a legal battle on the basis of principle and I'm stubborn enough to do it.
    welder516 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Illegal search and seizure. Gotta love it. Not!
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I would hope that a class action lawsuit would be in the works somewhere. Actually I hope for much more but stating so will get me in trouble.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    This is bad, but not as bad as the legalized theft of my money (taxes in numerous forms).
    I am legally relieved of as much (or more) of my income each and every year than all the guns & ammo I have is worth.
    My money is then distributed to people that are "entitled" to it (EBT, WIC, free rent, free & reduced lunch, subsidized rent / utilities...
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

VIP Member
    I have been told that police are reluctant to return guns because they fear liability if the firearm is subsequently used in a crime. While this is an extremely rare occurrence, it is easy to see how police might use this excuse to fail to take appropriate action.
    Now that's funny because the federal government has been doing what it can to arm criminals but they've never been held liable for it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    I would sue the individual police (chief/sheriff/officer/DA by name in a lawsuit depriving me of due process.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It's time for the cops involved in doing things like this to be personally liable for what they've done. None of this "suing the department" and having them pay you with your own tax dollars nonsense. A few newly bankrupt, power-drunk heathens would send a far stronger message.
    ccw9mm likes this.

VIP Member
    I don't agree with the policy, but how is this any different from civil forfeiture of money or real-estate?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    It's time for the cops involved in doing things like this to be personally liable for what they've done. None of this "suing the department" and having them pay you with your own tax dollars nonsense. A few newly bankrupt, power-drunk heathens would send a far stronger message.
    Agreed, and it's time for them to pick a side and live with their decision. I am not cop bashing since the ones that I know are 2A, straight up guys but these stories tell us there are many that needs to be weeded out.

The case cited where the officer asked if there were was told they were locked in the truck tool box (where they could not be a threat to the officer) ordered the tool box opened where if the driver was a criminal he could access and attack the officer if he had the mens rea. Then when he did not showing that at least at the moment he was behaving as a good citizen. Then having his property confiscated is wrong on so many levels and must make the job more difficult for the vast majority of officers who do their jobs properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I don't agree with the policy, but how is this any different from civil forfeiture of money or real-estate?
    It seems that it really isn't. Both belong in the trash heap of history; the government never should've been allowed to go down that road in the first place.
    ctr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links