Insurance for concealed carriers? Is it worth it?

This is a discussion on Insurance for concealed carriers? Is it worth it? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received my cc permit last April and my instructor was telling the group about it .is it worth it? Btw I know the odds ...

Thread: Insurance for concealed carriers? Is it worth it?

Insurance for concealed carriers? Is it worth it?

I received my cc permit last April and my instructor was telling the group about it .is it worth it? Btw I know the odds are low that I will never have to fire my weapon but you never know? Thoughts

2. Remove Ads

For me being a member of the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network is worth it. Check it out at www.armedcitizensnetwork.org

When good citizens begin paying insurance money for our Constitutional Rights, we are doomed.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I have a $1,000,000 umbrella insurance policy for $250 a year. Covers everybody in my household for everything. This is used after my $500,000 homeowners or auto. It would cover a defensive shooting. As you mentioned the chances of that are low. I would never buy CCW insurance, thats like buying insurance for Cancer but it's only pays if your struck by lightning too.

Umbrella insurance is the way to go. Much higher chance of somebody in my family or a pet causeing another innocent person bodily and financial harm. I don't have 1.5 million in assets to protect but if I hurt a sole income provider of a family I know a have the means to help mitigate thier loss. It's the responsible thing to do IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    I have a $1,000,000 umbrella insurance policy for $250 a year. Covers everybody in my household for everything. This is used after my $500,000 homeowners or auto. It would cover a defensive shooting. As you mentioned the chances of that are low. I would never buy CCW insurance, thats like buying insurance for Cancer but it's only pays if your struck by lightning too.

Umbrella insurance is the way to go. Much higher chance of somebody in my family or a pet causeing another innocent person bodily and financial harm. I don't have 1.5 million in assets to protect but if I hurt a sole income provider of a family I know a have the means to help mitigate thier loss. It's the responsible thing to do IMO.
    Good post, is what I carry. Pretty cheap.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Probably won't ever need it but if you do need it..........

There's something to be said for peace of mind if you look at ACLDN (mentioned above) or Second Call Defense (which my wife and I belong to) - and there are others you can join. Not so much insurance as having expert legal counsel available at short notice nationwide, training and support, as well as some financial assistance. If you want only insurance, an umbrella policy, or NRA's Lockton policy, is a great option to consider. As with any insurance (or even ACLDN or Second Call) you pay but pray you never have to collect.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    For me being a member of the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network is worth it. Check it out at Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

I have looked at the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network website and yesterday I received their booklet "What Every Gun Owner Need to Know About Self-Defense Law" which was a very good read and review.

Can you please explain why you think it is worth being a member. The other "self defense insurance" sites I have looked at (the NRA Self Defense Insurance and the USCCA) both state maximum dollar amounts that they will pay. The Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network website says they will send you 5 or 10 thousand to hire an attorney then they may grant you additional money from their defense fund. How do I know they will provide additional money if needed?
    Train Hard - Be Safe

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Personally in a word no..That said,everyone has to decide what's best for theirself

Links