New toy

New toy

This is a discussion on New toy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ordered a Rossi Ranch Hand in 357 magnum from Buds on Dec 18, picked it up today and had some range time. Not going to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: New toy

New toy

Ordered a Rossi Ranch Hand in 357 magnum from Buds on Dec 18, picked it up today and had some range time. Not going to do a full review, just going to say everything was smooth with Buds as it always has been in my experience and this is a very fun little gun to shoot. Shoots sbout 8-10" high out of the box at 10 yards, no big deal, had heard that from others. Shot 50 rounds of 38 special and 50 rounds of 357 magnum, there is no noticeable recoil, even my wife and daughter commented on how easy it was to shoot. For those who are not familiar with the gun its a lever action 12" barrel that is somehow classified as a handgun though it looks more like a short barrel rifle. May become my new next to the bed gun. Yee-haw !

so you gonna go all Steve McQueen on us?

I grew up watching "Wanted Dead or Alive" and had the toy gun model of the "mare's leg" complete with drop leg holster as you see in the pic below.
    I thought I was soooooooo bad.

sounds like Rossi made you a good one. Congrats.

patri0t likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    so you gonna go all Steve McQueen on us?

I grew up watching "Wanted Dead or Alive" and had the toy gun model of the "mare's leg" complete with drop leg holster as you see in the pic below.
    I thought I was soooooooo bad.

sounds like Rossi made you a good one. Congrats.

I was gonna say some about ol' Steve McQueen & that Mare's Leg. I saw one on the I-net in 44Mag w a special made holster & also had the Big Loop like the Rifleman had (Chuck Connors)... I'd be the coolest guy in the cornfield with that set-up.
    Definitely a 'fun-gun'.
    The old 'Greeter' guy at Walmart would prob shoot me with his CC .45 if I tried to go shopping with it, though. Unless I wore a cowboy hat & boots.

Looks like Steve has some 45-70Govt rounds on his belt, there, DANG!!
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Been thinking about getting one at some point. Thanks for the info.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links