G30 connector/NY trigger question

This is a discussion on G30 connector/NY trigger question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently picked up a copy of Ayoob's handgun book 2013. There is an articel that talks about Glocks. Towards the latter part of the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: G30 connector/NY trigger question

I recently picked up a copy of Ayoob's handgun book 2013. There is an articel that talks about Glocks. Towards the latter part of the article, Ayoob talks about a Midwest PD that has mated a 3.5# connector to a NY1 "Olive" 8# trigger. The pull weight is 6# from the center of the trigger, and it is supposed to be pretty nice & crisp.

I have a Gen "2.5" G30, and the wheels started to spin. As easy as it is to change parts etc. in Glocks, I figured what the heck? I ordered a 3.5 connector from Rock Your Glock and a factory Glock NY1 "olive" 8# trigger spring setup as well, along with a set of Warren Tactical plain rear/tritium front sights.

Has anybody done this, what did you think?

Happy New Year!
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think the stock Glock trigger works fine, the problem is usually the shooter.
    Secret Spuk and Tundra5.7 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Back in the day, we were required by our agency to have the NY trigger (which I think was 8 pounds, but felt like 15) in any personally owned Glocks carried on duty. Had the lighter 3.5 # trigger put in later, and oh what a difference it made.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Myself, I would not modify a sidearm trigger, ever. PAs love to hear the term "Modified Trigger".
    And it WILL show up on the Depo if you ever have to use your sidearm for SD.

I remember when NYC went to the 10# (or so) "NY Trigger" due to all the NDs during the transition from revolvers. NY got the first awful trigger 'fix', but the entire Nation had the ND problem... many a leg/foot got shot while holstering those new-fangled plastic guns. LOL
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

To the O/P

I prefer the NY trigger. It takes some getting used to, but as patriot points out it does mitigate A/D's and N/D's With so more practice than any other Glock trigger it can easily be mastered. I have NY triggers in both my Glocks.

I definitely feel you on modifying parts, especially trigger parts, which is why I have never had the urge to do so until now.

If Ayoob is that legitimate, and a PD has done the conversion, I figure precedent has been set in my favor if I ever have to use it in a SD scenario.
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I'm happy with my Glock triggers as they come from the factory. However, I would not mind shooting one like you describe just to see how it feels.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Links