Magpul's Moving Announcement

This is a discussion on Magpul's Moving Announcement within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, it looks like they're moving to Texas and Wyoming. Good choices for them! MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION Company Is Moving Operations to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Magpul's Moving Announcement

VIP Member

Magpul's Moving Announcement

Well, it looks like they're moving to Texas and Wyoming. Good choices for them!

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION

Company Is Moving Operations to Wyoming and Texas

Magpul Industries announced today that it is relocating its operations to Wyoming and Texas.

The company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS.

Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected. The Texas relocation is being accomplished with support from Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Economic Development Corporation.

“Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded on an aggressive but deliberate path” says Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries. “These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business. Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

"Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion.”
    Magpul | Unfair Advantage
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Nice! Much respect for them for doing this.
    ANGLICO, Aceoky, TX expat and 8 others like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    People vote with their feet and pocketbooks! NICE!

BigJon10125 and Exacto like this.

Finally I though they had been all huff and puff about this .. I guess the made in CO mags will now be collectable ..

Happy that bigger companies are showing states what happen with bad laws ( like bretta etc) .
    ANGLICO and Aceoky like this.

Welcome to Texas!
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    I was born and raised in Colorado. I applied for a job at Magpul 8 years ago, they didn't need any welders or machinists at the time. This breaks my heart. It makes me angry. i am glad for the fokls in Wyo and Tex that will have awesome new jobs. I am angry folks here lost jobs. i have watched my state get "californicated" for my whole life it seems. i sure hope we can get these losers out of office and take back some of our dignity this year. that's really how it feels to me, these people are trampling everything i was raised to believe. how many of these fools grew up on the land and in the mountains here? i better stop...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    I was born and raised in Colorado. I applied for a job at Magpul 8 years ago, they didn't need any welders or machinists at the time. This breaks my heart. It makes me angry. i am glad for the fokls in Wyo and Tex that will have awesome new jobs. I am angry folks here lost jobs. i have watched my state get "californicated" for my whole life it seems. i sure hope we can get these losers out of office and take back some of our dignity this year. that's really how it feels to me, these people are trampling everything i was raised to believe. how many of these fools grew up on the land and in the mountains here? i better stop...
    I feel for you, they flee every spot they've ruined with their failed policies and politics then they proceed to vote those same failed values into the area they moved to to get away from all of it...

Personally, I'm glad to see that they got it done as quickly as they did. Packing up an entire manufacturing company of that size is no easy task. It really speaks volumes about the commitment that comes with their word. I don't need any more mags but I think I'll go buy some once they have transitioned fully just to say 'thank you' to them.
    Last edited by TX expat; January 2nd, 2014 at 06:32 PM.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Colorado may get back in the right direction with the recalls.It seems sometimes,these ant gun politicians are trying to one up each other with more stupid gun laws.
    It's bad for those who worked at Magpul,that won't be moving with them.I don't blame Magpul one bit.The recall may have worked,but the senseless laws are still in place.

Now let's see how many others follow suit. Gov. Perry took a road trip a while back and visited a bunch of manufacturers up in New England. Now that Magpul has announced we might see the flood gates open.
    OD*, Aceoky, CLASS3NH and 3 others like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Politicians must learn that there's a price to be paid for their stupidity.
    Exacto, ANGLICO and NONAME762 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Magpul also did a cool thing here in Colo. They normally wouldn't ship directly to a customer. you had to buy their products thorugh a distributor or dealer. For the short time they could, they lifted that policy, to coloradoans, and lowered the price a tad. i think MagPul drop-shipped probably 150 AR magazines to folks in my company? i bought a half-dozen, my boss bought a half dozen, seemed like for about two weeks the only thing coming into shipping was boxes of mags. it was great!
    dls, DrDP6, TailRunner and 2 others like this.

CO voters need to remember this at voting time

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I'm very impressed with this level of integrity. Magpul is spending a lot of money to make this happen and that's gotta hurt.
    TX expat, Exacto, dls and 4 others like this.

Bravo to them!! Good to see them moving forward. I hope more companies take that road, and go to more gun-friendly States.
    Rock and Glock and ANGLICO like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member
    I'm glad this finally happened. I was beginning to think it was all threat and no follow through. Nicely done Magpul! Welcome to the great state of Texas. You'll like it here. Congrats to Wyoming also, sounds like lots of jobs coming your way.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links