nyfirearms.com: Source Confirms Number of Registered "Assault Weapons" Very Low

This is a discussion on nyfirearms.com: Source Confirms Number of Registered "Assault Weapons" Very Low within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "I have confirmed from a reliable law enforcement source who has been working with me for quite awhile now that the numbers of firearms that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: nyfirearms.com: Source Confirms Number of Registered "Assault Weapons" Very Low

"I have confirmed from a reliable law enforcement source who has been working with me for quite awhile now that the numbers of firearms that have actually been registered as of late November pursuant to the Safe Act is barely 1,800. This includes all registrations, including those from state employees that had no choice if they wanted to keep their job.

This is obviously a very low number. I trust the source that provided this information very highly. Seems as if the vast majority is waiting to see what happens, or making their firearms compliant."

"... the state estimates that there are 1,000,000 AR's alone. There are actually more, plus all the other rifles, shotguns and handguns that require registration, there may be as many as 2.5 million that are required to be registered. Of course no one knows the exact number, and that is the way it should stay. Registration will fail no matter what..."

--Shooter

Reliable Source Confirms Number of Registered "Assault Weapons" Very Low

Well gee! If the anonymous "Shooter" on an Internet forum got this "confirmed from [an unnamed] reliable law enforcement source", and "trust[s] the source that provided this information very highly", it's gotta be true!!!

So, he's claiming that over 99.9% of the "Assault Weapons" owners in NY had the cojones to defy the law???

Edit to add:

OK, my bad - they have until April 15. But the quoted compliance rate so far (<0.01%) is pretty hard to swallow.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Well gee! If the anonymous "Shooter" on an Internet forum got this "confirmed from [an unnamed] reliable law enforcement source", and "trust[s] the source that provided this information very highly", it's gotta be true!!!

So, he's claiming that over 99.9% of the "Assault Weapons" owners in NY had the cojones to defy the law???

Edit to add:

OK, my bad - they have until April 15. But the quoted compliance rate so far (<0.01%) is pretty hard to swallow.
    Those long lines in Connecticut didn't form until the registration deadline grew near.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

new york's registration is online

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Those long lines in Connecticut didn't form until the registration deadline grew near.

hmmm...what AR?........

Edit to add:

2wheelGnnr likes this.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I am fairly certain that most are waiting for the April deadline to register--hoping that a court decision will prevail.
    If you have one and want it to see the light of day then registration is the only legal option.

Probably working as well as the billion-dollar Canadian gun registry, eh?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

the registration rate looks to be about as popular as obummercare sign-ups
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Edit to add:

"Shooter" happens to be a pro-gun attorney who those of us who members at nyfirearms.com trust. He has often helped interpret the confusing guns laws in our state, offered guidance on those applying for pistol permits and made himself/herself available via PM for personal consultation and attorney services and frequently communicates with other attorneys in case involving the NY SAFE Act such as those from the NYSRPA (NY NRA affiliate) . So yes, I do read and trust what he writes.
    seanth468, 2wheelGnnr and tdave like this.

it was my understanding those numbers would never see the light of day...so it was promised by ny that it not be part of FOIA or be answered to the press....but again..shooter is not he press.....but its inside info so shhhhhh

I had a boating accident...IF I owned any at any time......

I missed it.....I wish I did for huning yotes!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

I heard that NY was throwing a firearms registration party,but almost no one showed up. Sorry, the interest level was so low, maybe NY should
    take another look at the law that requires registration. Or better yet just forget the whole thing.

........................Jack
    Ghost1958 and NONAME762 like this.

Registration? Or perhaps another word beginning with the letter R. A word our Founding Fathers might have known something about.
    mg27 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    the registration rate looks to be about as popular as obummercare sign-ups
    Yeah, but word is, the web-site works better….

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    I am fairly certain that most are waiting for the April deadline to register--hoping that a court decision will prevail.
    If you have one and want it to see the light of day then registration is the only legal option.
    Pretty much this^
    A lot of people are going to wait until the last min, in case a court decision over turns the requirement (even if the chances are slim to none)
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

It will be interesting to see how them Yankees vote in the next elections.
    Badey likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

So what does your law enforcement source say about background checks and registration of ammo? Depending on which Sherriff's site I read, I come away with conflicting conclusions. Of course it doesn't matter what I think, only how they actually enforce it.

"Ammunition dealers had been told that they would have to conduct background checks of customers and record sales starting Jan. 15."
    Confusion Surrounds Fledgling New York Gun Law - Law Blog - WSJ

"The SAFE Act law also provides that background check and record keeping requirements imposed on all retail sellers of ammunition are scheduled to take effect 30 days after the Superintendent of the New York State Police certifies that a statewide license and record database is created for such a process. That certification has not yet been made and the system is still being developed." Still No Clear Timetable For Ammo Background Checks in NY

You are delusional if you think there will be a singular act that is so egregious that people will rise up. Take note, this is how it's done. Y'all better start thinking long and hard.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links