Glock 41

This is a discussion on Glock 41 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is going to be a long slide .45ACP. Revealed: Glock 41 & 42 Pistols | Guns & Ammo Interesting, but don't think it will be ...

Thread: Glock 41

VIP Member

Glock 41

Is going to be a long slide .45ACP.

Revealed: Glock 41 & 42 Pistols | Guns & Ammo

Interesting, but don't think it will be high on my list of "must haves".....

2. Remove Ads

I feel compelled to give the G42 a shot. I am not a big .380 auto fan but if it it shoots like a .22 LR with the "good enough" .380 cartridge with Glock reliability, grip angle, ergos, etc (which I actually like), it may be worth a long look.

Not on my list either. Reliable pistol, but I can live with my G30S for carry & my S&W 1911 E serious. lol
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

You know why I want to buy the 380 or whatever it may be? As if it takes down like a glock I would be very happy. One thing I hate about small carry guns is often how hard they are to take down and put back together so this would be nice . And as long as I can fit it in my pocket I will probable get one

As for the 41 I dont know I dont shoot comp so I think I may just stick to the 30 or maybe the 21 ..

Already having two 9mm Glocks and four .45 Glocks, I can't picture a need for a .380 Glock...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

RKM
    Has anybody ever been able to figure out the logic behind Glock's model numbers?

Austrian metric number system?

It seems like I'm always correcting someone regarding Glock model numbers. Just today I was at a friends house watching football when a random guy starts telling me about his recently purchased subcompact G19. So I asked him what caliber it was, 9MM, OK...I made sure he knew the distinction between FS, compact, and subcompact...I asked him if it had an equipment rail, he said no. Now of the 10 or so people in the room roughly 8 of them knew that he was wrong and I could see the smiles forming as it became more and more obvious. So, someone in the room was carrying a G23 and showed it to the moron who said, "No, its definitely smaller than that!" So, at that point the ones who were previously just listening, almost in unison said, "you've got a Glock 26 buddy." Then everybody in the room (2 former cops, 2 active duty Marines, and an Army Ranger who can't tell us what he does anymore) all started going through the model numbers and calibers drill sergeant style...

The guy stuck to his guns though, pun intended, and apparently had the only subcompact Glock 19 on the planet. Its not just that he was wrong, its that he wouldn't yield to the vastly superior knowledge in that room...and he was an Eagles fan

I am waiting for a long slide 10mm. My one and only Glock is a G20 SF.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

NRA Endowment Life Member.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Has anybody ever been able to figure out the logic behind Glock's model numbers?
    It's just numeric in order of release, really nothing to figure out. The first release, the Glock 17, was the 17th version and first released.

The model numbers can be confusing, since every Glock is pretty much identical to every other Glock...
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by JTNiggle View Post
    It's just numeric in order of release, really nothing to figure out. The first release, the Glock 17, was the 17th version and first released.
    17th version? No, it was Gaston Glock's 17th patent.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMaster View Post
    It seems like I'm always correcting someone regarding Glock model numbers. Just today I was at a friends house watching football when a random guy starts telling me about his recently purchased subcompact G19. So I asked him what caliber it was, 9MM, OK...I made sure he knew the distinction between FS, compact, and subcompact...I asked him if it had an equipment rail, he said no. Now of the 10 or so people in the room roughly 8 of them knew that he was wrong and I could see the smiles forming as it became more and more obvious. So, someone in the room was carrying a G23 and showed it to the moron who said, "No, its definitely smaller than that!" So, at that point the ones who were previously just listening, almost in unison said, "you've got a Glock 26 buddy." Then everybody in the room (2 former cops, 2 active duty Marines, and an Army Ranger who can't tell us what he does anymore) all started going through the model numbers and calibers drill sergeant style...

The guy stuck to his guns though, pun intended, and apparently had the only subcompact Glock 19 on the planet. Its not just that he was wrong, its that he wouldn't yield to the vastly superior knowledge in that room...and he was an Eagles fan
    Maybe he can't read the enormous model number on the slide...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links