Ghost Trigger Connector

This is a discussion on Ghost Trigger Connector within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm considering the Ghost Rocket (or Elite) trigger connector kit to get a shorter reset, and less over travel. I'm not a gunsmith, so if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ghost Trigger Connector

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar

Ghost Trigger Connector

I'm considering the Ghost Rocket (or Elite) trigger connector kit to get a shorter reset, and less over travel. I'm not a gunsmith, so if I would like to know about the striker spring weights. Their kit comes with a 4lb, and a 6lb spring. How much will the lighter and heavier spring affect trigger pull? I don't have a trigger pull gauge, and don't intend to buy one. Will the lighter spring have enough tension to reliably fire all brands of primers?

Finally, what is your overall opinion on the Ghost product?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If your gun isn't broken, it don't need fixing. I've never had an issue with a factory trigger I couldn't adapt to.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    What exactly are you expecting? Are you expecting it to have a glass like, Gold Cup break? Or, are you just trying to make it completely suck a little less? The latter is all you can do no matter how much money you spend. For all the simplicity and durability of the striker fire, the design makes it impossible to make the trigger much better than spec, and certainly not much lighter (or it will start failing to hit the primer hard enough). Like a DA revolver cocking a hammer, it is your finger pressure that is physically moving the striker rearward and compressing the spring. How much depends on the design (many "fully" tension the spring and do not rely on finger pressure as much), but replacing the trigger group doesn't do much. Granted, this is perception, and for some people who only shoot Glock and have never shot a match grade trigger group the effect would probably seem a lot more pronounced than it does to me. I would definitely shoot one with the new trigger group before you invest, as you may find it makes so little difference it isn't worth it to you. Or, you may say, "Where have you been all my life!".

I've fired a custom one an acquaintance has that had every factory internal replaced with the best of everything mod at the cost of who knows how much. He's a Glockamaniac kind of guy. I could tell it was a little better than stock, but not much. He acted like it now behaved like a target pistol, and gushed about how great the trigger had become for minutes that seemed like hours. I nodded politely.

My $.02
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Have one in my G27 and it was a huge improvement.

If I wanted Gold Cup, I would get a 1911!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    What exactly are you expecting? Are you expecting it to have a glass like, Gold Cup break? Or, are you just trying to make it completely suck a little less? The latter is all you can do no matter how much money you spend. For all the simplicity and durability of the striker fire, the design makes it impossible to make the trigger much better than spec, and certainly not much lighter (or it will start failing to hit the primer hard enough). Like a DA revolver cocking a hammer, it is your finger pressure that is physically moving the striker rearward and compressing the spring. How much depends on the design (many "fully" tension the spring and do not rely on finger pressure as much), but replacing the trigger group doesn't do much. Granted, this is perception, and for some people who only shoot Glock and have never shot a match grade trigger group the effect would probably seem a lot more pronounced than it does to me. I would definitely shoot one with the new trigger group before you invest, as you may find it makes so little difference it isn't worth it to you. Or, you may say, "Where have you been all my life!".

I've fired a custom one an acquaintance has that had every factory internal replaced with the best of everything mod at the cost of who knows how much. He's a Glockamaniac kind of guy. I could tell it was a little better than stock, but not much. He acted like it now behaved like a target pistol, and gushed about how great the trigger had become for minutes that seemed like hours. I nodded politely.

My $.02
    Taurahe likes this.

Which one, the Rocket, or Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Have one in my G27 and it was a huge improvement.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Rocket

Personally, IF I was thinking about going this route, I would buy this instead. The TRAVIS HALEY "SKIMMER" Enhanced Carry Trigger System - GlockTriggers.com

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I put the rocket in my G23,the feel was minimally improved
    but for the price it was easy and only took 10 mins to install

That being said its no real trigger job
    The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke

Thanks, sounds good, but I don't care to spend $160!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    Personally, IF I was thinking about going this route, I would buy this instead. The TRAVIS HALEY "SKIMMER" Enhanced Carry Trigger System - GlockTriggers.com

I guess I'll just stick with the 50˘ trigger job I did. It smoothed it out, and got rid of the sandy, gritty feel I used to have. I guess I just miss the short rest of my Walther.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    I put the rocket in my G23,the feel was minimally improved
    but for the price it was easy and only took 10 mins to install

That being said its no real trigger job

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post

My $.02
    I like my GLOCKs and I've tried a couple of different trigger set-ups. I have yet to find one that makes a significant difference that doesn't drop the pull weight down to a level I consider unacceptable in a carry gun.

Now, if I were to set one up strictly as a competition gun, there is a fair amount of room to work and the Ghost is a good place to start.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    I like my GLOCKs and I've tried a couple of different trigger set-ups. I have yet to find one that makes a significant difference that doesn't drop the pull weight down to a level I consider unacceptable in a carry gun.

Now, if I were to set one up strictly as a competition gun, there is a fair amount of room to work and the Ghost is a good place to start.

Which trigger set-ups have you tried?

Generally speaking, when folks start putting after market parts on Glocks that work perfectly well out of the box, thats when things go south.
    Kavalander and tacman605 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Generally speaking, when folks start putting after market parts on Glocks that work perfectly well out of the box, thats when things go south.
    This is OEM Glock parts though. The TRAVIS HALEY "SKIMMER" Enhanced Carry Trigger System - GlockTriggers.com
    StormRhydr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links