Colt Revolvers

This is a discussion on Colt Revolvers within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi everyone, Im looking for some help. I just got 3 colt revolvers in as a trade and have no idea of the value. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Colt Revolvers

Colt Revolvers

Hi everyone, Im looking for some help. I just got 3 colt revolvers in as a trade and have no idea of the value. I see some crazy numbers on Gunbroker but im looking for real values as to how much these are worth. Thanks in advance for the help.

Trooper MKIII .357
    Anaconda .44 Mag
    Lightwieght Agent .357

IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_1626.JPG

2. Remove Ads

I'll give you $10.00 each and pay shipping and FFL fees.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Sorry but no deal my man. With the trade a made though i actually only have about $1k invested in all 3 guns, both trooper and anaconda are in excellent shape and the agent shows sign of use and carry but isnt in bad shape. I was hoping at $1000 i made a pretty good trade.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I don't know what they are worth, but if you have 1000 in all three, 333.33 each, I would venture a guess they are worth more than that.
    Kavalander and StormRhydr like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Gunbroekr is worthless imop .. Look at what things actual sell for .

I will look at my blue book latter and see what it saids. I know the snake guns are worth a lot esp to collortec and any old no lock gun in gun shape is Worth a bit . How is the condtion? It looks like the agent is in ok shape with non factory grips which might not help too much the others look to have org grips ..Did you get the boxs for these or as is?
    Smitty901 and StormRhydr like this.

Ok blue books said for tropper mk 3 blue 100% condtion 550 100% to 80% 475
    the 44 mag depeding on when made and if custom or not is 100% is 1k or so

about 425-625 for the agent ..

Look at what closed auctions on gunbroker sold for ..At least the above could be insuresn vaules.

Thees guns esp the snake guns are in hot demand and if you were closer to me I would be interested in the agent at least ..

Also colt might be able to tell you ext when the gun was made and where shipped ( either s&w and or colt can do that for a small fee) if you really want to know

But lacking the box can deter some collector ditto the org grips .But they are good shooters and some hunt with the 44 mag one ( threre is even a huner model )
    Sidewinder10 and Kavalander like this.

No i didnt get the boxes, just 3 soft cases, the agent is in the worst shape of the 3 and i did notice the grips were not original. The anaconda has a scuff on the end of the barrel as you can see in the pictures. But its not deep so it might can be removed with a good cleaning.

WrongRecroom thanks very much for those values that helps alot.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder10 View Post
    WrongRecroom thanks very much for those values that helps alot.

Hey no problem .. Oh and for 75$ you can get a letter from colt Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC > Customer Services > Archive Services saying year it was made etc etc etc..

And again these are blue book price your millage my varry esp with a popular gun . None of these look to be made since at latest 91 or so so demand should be there ...

OD*
    You made a really nice score.

You're certain the "Agent" says .357?

The Agent you have pictured is from the 1984/86 run, it's not one of the originals that debuted in 1966.
    They were chambered in .38 Special, I still have one.

gasmitty, Jaeger, WHEC724 and 2 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    i leave to go to wal-mart and some guy has an Anaconda. i hate you. i want one so bad, just ain't got the 800-1200 for one. good luck my friend. jealous, totally jealous.

the others are cool too, i just want an anaconda to go with my python. yours has the nice, long barrel too. and it's a later model if the front sight is not aftermarket.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I thik you're low on the Trooper and way low on the Anaconda. In the conditions from what I see in the pix I'd say 600 and 1400 retail. Colts have been riseing FAST. I've passed on several LNIB .44s from 16 to 18, but they sold fast. I'd go ask on the Colt Forum, and if you want to sell them there's usually a buyer for a fair price.
    OD* likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    and it's a later model if the front sight is not aftermarket.
    It is the same sight they used in 1990 when they were introduced, clear through their run of Kodiaks.

~ Tiger McKee

OD*
    I agree with Jaeger. You need to look on a few of the auction sites to see what they are actually selling for.

~ Tiger McKee

Many guns are over inflated on what some would like to think they are worth. In the end they are worth what some one is willing to pay.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links