"Maryland is armed to the teeth."

This is a discussion on "Maryland is armed to the teeth." within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So sayeth MD Delegate Luiz Simmons, a Montgomery County Democrat. Record gun sales soar higher in Maryland - Baltimore Sun It's been an interesting year ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: "Maryland is armed to the teeth."

VIP Member

"Maryland is armed to the teeth."

So sayeth MD Delegate Luiz Simmons, a Montgomery County Democrat.

Record gun sales soar higher in Maryland - Baltimore Sun

It's been an interesting year here in the People's Republic.

Remember the name, Martin O'Malley, as he has his eye on 1600 PA Ave....
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 11th, 2014 at 01:23 PM.

2. Remove Ads

greeeeat......
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

Hope he's not some darn lawyer.................
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.

VIP Member
    Stove , I hope he never even gets to sniff anywhere close to Pen Ave . If anyone thinks the 2A issues are bad now . O'Taxie would bring some other cronnies from Maryland to mess the country up worse then it is now .

Now an Illegal Citizen can get a driver's lic. and you get arrested or fined if you hunt or fish without a lic. How Stupid .

I better stop now or i might get in trouble .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    Martin O'Malley= communist. 'Nuff said.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Maryland gun dealers have sold more firearms in the first nine months of this year than in all of 2011 and 2012 combined, the state police said Wednesday.

Buyers have applied to purchase 117,009 guns this year as lawmakers debated and enacted some of the toughest new gun laws in the country. More than 15,000 gun purchase applications were sent to the state police in the 10 days before Maryland's ban on assault rifle sales and a new handgun licensing requirement took effect Tuesday.
    While I'm not happy about the circumstances, those numbers sure do put a smile on my face.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Read the article... People are still reporting that the Sandy Hook guy used an AR-15?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

That is what happen when you say Ban everyone tools up with the scariest gun they can and the biggest mag they can.

OP I have ask you or someone else from MD before but can these guns now baned by transfer anymore or are they yours and that is that ..

In ca a lot of people tooled up pre 89/2000 but that is a fix number as they can never sell them. If they can be transfer then yeah they sure added a lot of guns to the pile

I will say I think there are more MSR and plus 30s in this country right then any time in recent memoir probable even more the in 1993 ...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I think the pattern would be obvious people want their guns. Now let's see the other shoe drop and a lot of gun grabbing politicians get the boot.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    That is what happen when you say Ban everyone tools up with the scariest gun they can and the biggest mag they can.

OP I have ask you or someone else from MD before but can these guns now baned by transfer anymore or are they yours and that is that ..

In ca a lot of people tooled up pre 89/2000 but that is a fix number as they can never sell them. If they can be transfer then yeah they sure added a lot of guns to the pile

Yes, they can be transferred, but only out of state. It is now illegal to transfer a banned weapon that you own to another state resident.

You can leave them to an heir when you assume room temperature.

If you become a MD resident (unlikely, since we are losing them in droves) and you own one of these now banned scary black rifles, you can bring them with you when you come, but must register them with the MSP within 90 days of establishing residency, along with any handguns. But, the banned rifle must have been purchased by you before 1/10/13. If not, you cannot legally bring it into the People's Republic.

O'Malley '16 - "What's in your wallet?"

VIP Member
    The irony here is that manufacturers are shipping AR's for sale in MD that have the heavy barrels and they are totally legal. Because there are no more "regulated" long guns in MD (a subject for another thread about government stupidity) these are now cash and carry, where prior to 10/1 were subject to a 7 day wait. Makes perfect sense, no?

Glock (and I'm sure others will follow) has started shipping 17's, 19's and such with modified 10 rd mags to be MD compliant.

The buying has slowed down considerably, mostly due to the fact that a lot of people are tapped out right now after the rush to buy before last Oct. 1st.
    welder516 likes this.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Read the article... People are still reporting that the Sandy Hook guy used an AR-15?
    I guess I'm lost he did use an AR-15....

despp: ** UPDATE ** State Police Identify Weapons in Sandy Hook Investigation
    ElMonoDelMar likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

This state is a disaster. It looks like our last best hope in the near time is the federal lawsuit against this nonsense. I definitely got all kinds of things prior to Oct 1st that our imbecile "representatives" in Annapolis don't want me to have. Laws like this are absolutely, infuriatingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Yes, they can be transferred, but only out of state. It is now illegal to transfer a banned weapon that you own to another state resident.

You can leave them to an heir when you assume room temperature.

If you become a MD resident (unlikely, since we are losing them in droves) and you own one of these now banned scary black rifles, you can bring them with you when you come, but must register them with the MSP within 90 days of establishing residency, along with any handguns. But, the banned rifle must have been purchased by you before 1/10/13. If not, you cannot legally bring it into the People's Republic.

O'Malley '16 - "What's in your wallet?"

Count yourself lucky in CA if you own a RAW rifle ( Ie any thing banned by name back in 89 or by fetruter in 2000 ) you can not transfer it to your heirs . When you go it goes..

And how are earth are you to prove when your bought said rifle esp if comeing from a PPT state ..Do you need to show a bill or something?

VIP Member
    Yes.

Some have speculated that absent proof of purchase prior to 10/1/13 that the MSP will check via serial #.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links