Kel-tec P11

Kel-tec P11

This is a discussion on Kel-tec P11 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I attended the Florence, SC gun show today and I had a short list with me. While I only left with one of the guns ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GWarden
  • 1 Post By Bigsteve113
  • 1 Post By herohog
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By Hank19119

Thread: Kel-tec P11

Kel-tec P11

I attended the Florence, SC gun show today and I had a short list with me. While I only left with one of the guns on my list (Ruger American Rifle .308), I did meet a dealer with great prices who happens to be located less than 20 miles from me that will be supplying the others come the 16th. Anyways, while looking around at a 'booth', an older gentlemen desperately wanted to pick up an S&W snubbie but was short on cash. He did however have a Kel-tec P11 to trade, but the dealer wasn't interested in a trade. A Kel-Tec was the last thing I planned on leaving with, but I kind of felt bad for the guy. He seriously reminded me of Ralphie from A Christmas Story the way he had his heart set on this particular S&W at the table. He said he'd let it go for $200 (LNIB), so I bought it.

Does anybody here have any experiences with the P-11? This is the first time I've heard of and seen one. I have a PF9 and P32 and I've been nothing but happy and surprised with how well they've functioned and held up. It's also strikingly similar to my SCCY CPX-2. Worst case scenario, I was able to help somebody out and I have trade bait for the gun show that comes to my town at the end of the month.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I had the pf9 for a while and i know kel-tec has a bad rep but I never had a problem with mine. I think you will enjoy it :) congrats!
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

VIP Member
    After not just a whole lot of use the ejector in mine broke. I stood there looking at a round "floating" in mid air and it was a bugger to get out. The trigger ain't that great either. I vote "trade bait", but at least you won't get hurt on a deal.

I carried one for a couple of years not a great range gun at all but you can pocket carry it the trigger is a bear even with the after market shoe. For 200 bucks it can be a beater carry pistol I never had a malfunction after many many rounds.

I had one. The trigger pull was hard, but overall the pistol worked well.

Get one .. I am going to get one soon ...

Why because do you know what mags it takes ? It takes any 59 or 69 s&w mag out there . Which are cheep and easy to find. S&W makes factory 20 rounders for both the 59 and 69 gun that both work great ..Heck kel tec makes adpaote for the 6906 13 rounders .. You can own a kel tec sub 2000 , a camp 9 rifle , a 6906 , a 5906 and a p11 and all will take the same mags I think that is great

Tis a good reason to get one .. a 200 buck truck gun that you can rock and roll with 20 rounder if needed ...

Just make sure to get a grip wrap and Galloway Precision :: Kel-Tec Performance :: PF9 and P11 Performance Parts has parts add on if you need it

Review of the Kel-Tec P-11: A Pocketful of 9mm | Human Events

Vide on mags comp

You got a good price too . 200 is the most you should pay

Here is the keltec sleve for the 6906 mags P-042 P-11 S&W59 12rd Mag Sleeve | Kel-Tec and 59 mags P-043 P-11 S&W59 15 rd Mag Sleeve | Kel-Tec

I owned one and liked it for pocket carry. Was accurate for what it was, but it had a long trigger pull. Good gun for the glove box.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

good gun for carry/truck. kel tec has good service if you need any parts. not a range gun, but a carry gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I had one for a short while, the long heavy trigger was just too much for me, like a Glock I could not hit the broad side of a barn from inside, traded it for a Ruger Security Six.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Got one. Shot it a lil bit, not a whole lot though. Very satisfied with accuracy and performance. Once you get used to the stiff trigger you can get some decent groups. I see a lot of people bashing Kel-Tec on this site, but my Kel-Tec experience has been all good.
    Oldpsufan likes this.

All my Kel-Tec guns have been good guns. The one instance where I needed their customer service was a pleasant experience and the part (ejector on my P-11 too) was replaced quickly and for free! The P-11 was my EDC gun for several years until I got a Glock 19. Yes, it DOES have a Looooong and heavy trigger but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

Those talking abt the trigger need to understand that this is a ccw weapon built for the idea of self defense. Oh well it's been said so many times.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

VIP Member
    No one expects a target trigger, but SD is no justification for trigger that's so difficult that any benefit wrt a perceived safety advantage is negated by the real problem of the detrimental effect on accuracy and willingness to practice.

Right now it`s my favorite carry gun. After polishing the feed ramp and the slide rails.I have lost count of how rounds I have fired without a malfunction.Plus I brought two 12rd magazines from kel tec. 12 + 1 is damn good for a pocket 9mm. As far as the trigger,like anything else. You have to put in time practicing.
    herohog likes this.
    NRA Member! Give an inch, they will take a yard.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links