Kel-tec P11

Kel-tec P11

This is a discussion on Kel-tec P11 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I attended the Florence, SC gun show today and I had a short list with me. While I only left with one of the guns ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GWarden
  • 1 Post By Bigsteve113
  • 1 Post By herohog
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By Hank19119

Thread: Kel-tec P11

Kel-tec P11

I attended the Florence, SC gun show today and I had a short list with me. While I only left with one of the guns on my list (Ruger American Rifle .308), I did meet a dealer with great prices who happens to be located less than 20 miles from me that will be supplying the others come the 16th. Anyways, while looking around at a 'booth', an older gentlemen desperately wanted to pick up an S&W snubbie but was short on cash. He did however have a Kel-tec P11 to trade, but the dealer wasn't interested in a trade. A Kel-Tec was the last thing I planned on leaving with, but I kind of felt bad for the guy. He seriously reminded me of Ralphie from A Christmas Story the way he had his heart set on this particular S&W at the table. He said he'd let it go for $200 (LNIB), so I bought it.

Does anybody here have any experiences with the P-11? This is the first time I've heard of and seen one. I have a PF9 and P32 and I've been nothing but happy and surprised with how well they've functioned and held up. It's also strikingly similar to my SCCY CPX-2. Worst case scenario, I was able to help somebody out and I have trade bait for the gun show that comes to my town at the end of the month.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I had the pf9 for a while and i know kel-tec has a bad rep but I never had a problem with mine. I think you will enjoy it :) congrats!
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

After not just a whole lot of use the ejector in mine broke. I stood there looking at a round "floating" in mid air and it was a bugger to get out. The trigger ain't that great either. I vote "trade bait", but at least you won't get hurt on a deal.

I carried one for a couple of years not a great range gun at all but you can pocket carry it the trigger is a bear even with the after market shoe. For 200 bucks it can be a beater carry pistol I never had a malfunction after many many rounds.

I had one. The trigger pull was hard, but overall the pistol worked well.

Get one .. I am going to get one soon ...

Why because do you know what mags it takes ? It takes any 59 or 69 s&w mag out there . Which are cheep and easy to find. S&W makes factory 20 rounders for both the 59 and 69 gun that both work great ..Heck kel tec makes adpaote for the 6906 13 rounders .. You can own a kel tec sub 2000 , a camp 9 rifle , a 6906 , a 5906 and a p11 and all will take the same mags I think that is great

Tis a good reason to get one .. a 200 buck truck gun that you can rock and roll with 20 rounder if needed ...

Just make sure to get a grip wrap and Galloway Precision :: Kel-Tec Performance :: PF9 and P11 Performance Parts has parts add on if you need it

Review of the Kel-Tec P-11: A Pocketful of 9mm | Human Events

Vide on mags comp

You got a good price too . 200 is the most you should pay

Here is the keltec sleve for the 6906 mags P-042 P-11 S&W59 12rd Mag Sleeve | Kel-Tec and 59 mags P-043 P-11 S&W59 15 rd Mag Sleeve | Kel-Tec

I owned one and liked it for pocket carry. Was accurate for what it was, but it had a long trigger pull. Good gun for the glove box.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

good gun for carry/truck. kel tec has good service if you need any parts. not a range gun, but a carry gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    I had one for a short while, the long heavy trigger was just too much for me, like a Glock I could not hit the broad side of a barn from inside, traded it for a Ruger Security Six.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Got one. Shot it a lil bit, not a whole lot though. Very satisfied with accuracy and performance. Once you get used to the stiff trigger you can get some decent groups. I see a lot of people bashing Kel-Tec on this site, but my Kel-Tec experience has been all good.
    Oldpsufan likes this.

All my Kel-Tec guns have been good guns. The one instance where I needed their customer service was a pleasant experience and the part (ejector on my P-11 too) was replaced quickly and for free! The P-11 was my EDC gun for several years until I got a Glock 19. Yes, it DOES have a Looooong and heavy trigger but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

Those talking abt the trigger need to understand that this is a ccw weapon built for the idea of self defense. Oh well it's been said so many times.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

No one expects a target trigger, but SD is no justification for trigger that's so difficult that any benefit wrt a perceived safety advantage is negated by the real problem of the detrimental effect on accuracy and willingness to practice.

Right now it`s my favorite carry gun. After polishing the feed ramp and the slide rails.I have lost count of how rounds I have fired without a malfunction.Plus I brought two 12rd magazines from kel tec. 12 + 1 is damn good for a pocket 9mm. As far as the trigger,like anything else. You have to put in time practicing.
    herohog likes this.
    NRA Member! Give an inch, they will take a yard.

Links