The Glock Pinch

The Glock Pinch

This is a discussion on The Glock Pinch within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been practicing rapid changing magazines on my Glock 23, and now have my third blood blister on the palm of my hand. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Glock Pinch

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar

The Glock Pinch

I have been practicing rapid changing magazines on my Glock 23, and now have my third blood blister on the palm of my hand. I never got this with my Walther. Has anyone else been Glocked?

VIP Member
    Yes, but in a good way....

No blood blisters with any of mine. Of course I manipulate the mag release with my thumb...

VIP Member
    Glocked? Nope. Never been an issue and yes, I have made a quick change many, many times. Maybe just not as quick as you. I have done this on my 23, 26, and 19.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

It's not from the release, it's from the space between the grip, and the butt of the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Yes, but in a good way....

No blood blisters with any of mine. Of course I manipulate the mag release with my thumb...

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    A few more times and you'll learn how to hold the gun to avoid it. It's not unique to Glocks.

Yes, it happens to me with my 26 unless I am VERY careful and do not use the palm of my hand, but the outside edge of the inside......oh heck, you know. Tried it fast with the butt of the mag in my palm a couple of times and got the blood blister also. No problem with the larger models though, so it must have a lot to do with the length of the grip. At least that's my guess.
    flintlock62 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Not with a Glock but with another yes. You just have to adjust how you change your mags to avoid doing it. Practice and it will become second nature.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    It isn't so much the gun as the hand holding it.

As with any manipulation, if you want perform it quickly and accurately, first practice at a slow speed concentrating on the exact movements necessary. As you become more proficient you can increase speed incrementally.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

That's the reason I won't carry sub compact guns. I can't stand it nor do I like not having a good firm grip on the pistol

Distinguished Member
    Yes, I've got the nice blood blister mag pinch 3 times. Twice while participating in IDPA matches and the other time working on mag drills at home. It happened when I was trying to go too fast and slamming the mags home a little too hard. Agree with others, a little practice on mag drills should cure you of this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I started to get the G22. I wish I had now. I never had that problem with my Walther P99, a gun I wish I'd never sold. Don't get my wrong, Glock's OK, but it's not as good as a Walther, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tacomunchkin View Post
    That's the reason I won't carry sub compact guns. I can't stand it nor do I like not having a good firm grip on the pistol

Learn to lift off your pinkie when you swap out mags. It's 2nd nature for me now since I EDC a 26 and 30S, both have short handles.

And it's not called getting Glocked, for Pete's sake. Any short handled pistol will do that to you: LCP, shield, nano. You name it. You're just not used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    miller_man likes this.

Get a Sig Seriously, I have never changed my ways to make a gun work for me. I have used a Sig for the longest time because the gun fits me and it is natural. I had a choice of what handgun I wanted to carry in my unit, and though I shot some maybe a tad better than the Sig, I found that I had to "change" to make it work. The Sig just came natural.

My 2 cents.
    wdbailey likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I know it's not really called "getting Glocked", LOL! I should have bought another Walther, or a HK P30LS. I didn't want to spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Learn to lift off your pinkie when you swap out mags. It's 2nd nature for me now since I EDC a 26 and 30S, both have short handles.

And it's not called getting Glocked, for Pete's sake. Any short handled pistol will do that to you: LCP, shield, nano. You name it. You're just not used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bitten but never pinched.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links