What was the one gun you just missed out on ..

This is a discussion on What was the one gun you just missed out on .. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here you go .. What gun did you almost get but at the last min the seller flaked , you lost the auction etc? I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: What was the one gun you just missed out on ..

Here you go .. What gun did you almost get but at the last min the seller flaked , you lost the auction etc?

I normal dont care well till I find a KG-9 semi auto handgun ( which are very very rare like less then 2'500 were made and then banned back in 82.. and most have been destroyed by the police ) for a good price went back and forth with the buyer and though it was all set then nothing the guy flakes out on me any other gun who cares but a kg-9 unfired

The only good part is the add may have been a scam so maybe I did ok
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It hurts to admit this one. I had a chance to buy a barely used Colt Diamondback .38SPCL 4'' barrel for $700 but didn't because I wanted to buy a SIG M4 instead. I really like the rifle, but I really like the look of the Diamondback...
    WrongRecroom and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    It hurts to admit this one. I had a chance to buy a barely used Colt Diamondback .38SPCL 4'' barrel for $700 but didn't because I wanted to buy a SIG M4 instead. I really like the rifle, but I really like the look of the Diamondback...

Ouch same here I saw a no lock 686 oh about 3 inch looked un fired but I blew the cash on panic buy stuff .. I still kind of miss that
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Does this count?

I almost missed winning the auction for my older model 60 snubbie..........some days I wish I had let someone else have it and saved a bunch of money......but I am absolutely certain that if I had done that I would be kicking my own butt for at least a couple of years for not keeping on bidding.

It's one of those "you can't go home again" things..........regretting for a lot of years the fact that I traded in my first well used model 60 - I decided I had to have one again. This is a great gun.

BUT......It is not like the one I traded off.

Are they ever?
    WrongRecroom and gatorbait51 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Not sure this qualifies, but I had a chance to buy an Austin Behlert chopped Hi-Power for $800 - the real deal, signed by Behlert. I got cold feet and let it slip by.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Had a guy offer me a S&W M66 3" bbl for $375. I didn't bite for I wasn't sure about it. Did a little research on the net and found out that was a ggod deal. Went back later that evening with stated funds and he upped the price to $400. OK then. I got his number, shook hands on it, and agreed to meet him the next night to make the transaction.

I called him the next evening and he backed out of the deal. He said his wife wanted to keep the pistol. What really pisses me off is that I had an offer to buy another weapon to which I hadn't commited to and decided to turn down. So, in essence, I got screwed twice.

The thing is this guy runs a LGS and I have spent many dollars there as well as pointed people his direction. I haven't set foot in his shop since then and tell people to steer clear if the LGS name comes up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I should have jumped on a colt double eagle when they were under 7 bills..............same with the S&W 696.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry that sat in the display case for six months - maybe five years ago.

If I knew then what I know now.....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Sponsor
    Colt Delta Elite.

My favorite LGS had one in a display box that had never been fired. They were asking $1100.00 for it and I wanted it so bad I could taste it. After drooling on the case for a couple of weeks, I finally decided to make an offer of $950.00(all I could scrape together). It was conspicuously missing the next day and I assumed Dave had put back in his collection. But No! He'd sold it earlier that morning for $900.00! Had I called first thing instead of waiting to go by after work I would have had it.

As usual, a day late and a dollar short.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Every gun I still think about for the most part would have just been for aesthetic value. Right now there's a used polished p238 at my LGS that I keep passing over. I don't particularly want a 380 but it's just such a nice looking gun. But I'll never regret the sp101 I got instead. Still just can't stop thinking about it
    gatorbait51 and WrongRecroom like this.

S&W Model 60. Seller was not very responsive to emails or phone calls and I was going to give him full asking for it. He sold it to another person without giving me a chance.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Two come to mind and recently . One, a hard chromed 9 mm Commander, perfect for hot sweaty Louisiana or even Georgia. The Guy who was selling it was less than forthcoming and seemed to have some issues even after I skyped him holding the money in hand as well as the FFL.. Oh well, there may be another .

Second was another of the pistols I have wanted, a 4" barrel S&W 25-5 . Price was right , well a little high but nothing outlandish. Contact, guy seemed receptive, got cashier's cheque and , surprise, he'd sold it . Drat ah well, my other holy grail gun popped up four days later and I got it.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Seems like every couple of years I'm a day late & a dollar short on some kind of "gotta have it deal".

I dunno, maybe someone is looking out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Every gun I still think about for the most part would have just been for aesthetic value. Right now there's a used polished p238 at my LGS that I keep passing over. I don't particularly want a 380 but it's just such a nice looking gun. But I'll never regret the sp101 I got instead. Still just can't stop thinking about it

Get it .. You wont regert it they are amazing little pocket guns so nice you may end up with a 938 as well..

I think for me the tricky part as noted is gun you have to do researcher on and you see they are great but then gone.

For example the myriad model s&w out there some are better then others .

Worse yet is all the MSR out there . For example the B-west Ak rifles some are great gun the others will fail and break down after like 300 rounds .. Or the SAR G3 clones that Springfield had .Some are great guns the others had a horrible receiver on them and would agin fail

Not easy at all

My fav is a kg-9 and a tec-9 both look about the same but one is a piece of crap worth 200 bucks the othere still a piece of crap but worth 1k or more now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links