B5 Stocks?

This is a discussion on B5 Stocks? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm looking for a nicer stock for my newest AR than the MOE one DD assembled it with. I've got a magnified optic on this, ...

Thread: B5 Stocks?

B5 Stocks?

I'm looking for a nicer stock for my newest AR than the MOE one DD assembled it with. I've got a magnified optic on this, so I'd like something that I can get a decent cheek weld with, which has led me to B5s SOPMOD offerings. Are there any major differences between the Enhanced and the Bravo stocks apart from the battery compartments?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I'm looking for a nicer stock for my newest AR than the MOE one DD assembled it with. I've got a magnified optic on this, so I'd like something that I can get a decent cheek weld with, which has led me to B5s SOPMOD offerings. Are there any major differences between the Enhanced and the Bravo stocks apart from the battery compartments?
    B5 (Enhanced) SOPMOD stock is excellent. I have one, myself. The Magpul PRS may be your best bet for a precision rifle, though. The enhanced just adds the battery compartment, which is handy if you use an RDS or tac light.

FIXED & PRECISION ADJUSTABLE STOCKS ? AR15/M16 Type Rifles, FN FAL, HK G3 - PRS® Precision-Adjustable Stock ? AR15/M16 (5.56x45) Model
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RKM
    Only difference as far as I know is what you mentioned, storage. I think the idea of lack of storage is weight savings for guys trying to build super lightweight rifles.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    If you want super light weight, check out the Battlelink minimalist stock. It's really sweet.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    If you want super light weight, check out the Battlelink minimalist stock. It's really sweet.
    Interesting.

My main concern is if the Bravo is smaller than the Enhanced to the point where it would affect cheek weld. I'm sure it doesn't matter a whole lot since either one would be an improvement to the MOE on the rifle now. My understanding was that B5 used to make a stock like the Enhanced, but without the storage tubes. That would be perfect for me, but I'm not sure if it does exist, or even if it has existed.

Links