Maintenance at Glock factory?

This is a discussion on Maintenance at Glock factory? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I will be passing through Atlanta tomorrow. I've read that Glock will fix your pistols at the factory free of charge if you bring them ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuck808
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: Maintenance at Glock factory?

Maintenance at Glock factory?

I will be passing through Atlanta tomorrow. I've read that Glock will fix your pistols at the factory free of charge if you bring them by. Does anyone have experience with this? My G17 is a Gen2 and pretty old. The slide release lever sticks out a bit when holding the slide back, the ejector doesn't eject with the same oomph of a newer Glock, and the magazines don't drop out when you push the mag release button. Mags from Gen4 Glocks do, but not my Gen2 mags.

So does the factory work as I assume? You just show up, and they give it a once over and bring it back to tip top shape? Do I need to set an appointment? Is there any charge? Do they do this on Saturdays?

I'm going to call them tomorrow when I'm on the way home and passing through Atlanta, but figured I'd get some info here first so I don't sound like a total idiot when I call.
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Uh FYI the first glock mags were not drop free or will only drop free is a certain number of rounds are fired. The new gen 3 and gen 4 are full metal lined and will drop free the old ones were not made too..
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I think you're gun is working just the way it was intended from the Factory. Early Glock mags wer'nt drop free, and they ejected slightly, but never dropped out like the newer mags do. Glock's service dept should be able to help you out, should you stop in. Per your request, they will also look up your S/N and give you the history on the gun.. Import date, to where it was imported to, and location it was distributed out, along with the dates.
    I'd have them put on night sights for the gun while it's there.
    I'm sure they will help you out..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Stop by thy will give it a good check up.

VIP Member
    Are they even open on Saturdays?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I've heard nothing but good from people who have taken their guns to Glock for whatever reason.

Free replacement this or that, and some swag ta boot....

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Are they even open on Saturdays?
    No they are not. It is a great service to be able to go there during the week and let them tune/replace parts. I've done it twice with several Glocks.

But they are not open on the weekend.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Well that is what I was afraid of. Shame. I'll have to go next time I end up through that town. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

Links