Information found on Chuck Hawks

This is a discussion on Information found on Chuck Hawks within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I came across this article recently and it made me scratch my head and laugh. How reliable of a source do you consider this guy? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Information found on Chuck Hawks

New Member Array VoodooMountain's Avatar

Information found on Chuck Hawks

I came across this article recently and it made me scratch my head and laugh. How reliable of a source do you consider this guy?

I had to laugh when I read the first sentence about he .40 and the 10mm too.

some excerpts below:

.380 ACP (9mm Short, 9x17mm, 9mm Kurz)

Now we're getting into some decent stopping power. The three or four best .380 JHP rounds have better stopping power than ANY bullet fired out of 2" barrel .(38 special +p)

.357 Magnum

The most effective handgun round on the market, regardless of caliber, is the Federal .357 Magnum 125 grain jacketed hollowpoint (C357B). This load has more stopping power than any other handgun cartridge and this includes more powerful rounds like the .41 and .44 Magnums.

.40 Smith & Wesson

This caliber has established an excellent track record on the street. Smith & Wesson and Winchester really did their research when they invented the .40 S&W.

10mm Auto

The 10mm has not lived up to expectations. It was thought to be the ne plus ultra of pistol rounds when introduced in the late 1980's, but hasn't turned out to be superior to the better 9mm,

http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm
    Last edited by VoodooMountain; January 17th, 2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Link the source
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMountain View Post
    It should be mentioned that I have read many articles by him, and I don't ever remember disagreeing to such a degree as with this article.
    I looked at it real hard; but I can't see anything to disagree with. Matter of fact, I can't see anything at all!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Thats funny I looked at it once than googled him, came back, now I don't see anything either.
    msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I looked at it real hard; but I can't see anything to disagree with. Matter of fact, I can't see anything at all!
    The voodoo is working.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Am assuming the original post is under moderation, likely appearing once it has been approved.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I will say this I did find that he is an expert in guns and shooting, motorcycle riding, military history, travel and fishing, astronomy and photography and audio, he has websites dedicated to all these things so he must be an expert cause I found it on the internet.

VIP Member
    Now I'm seeing double...no wait, triple...
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

New Member Array VoodooMountain's Avatar
    Mods ... uhhh, a little help please.

Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one. "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain.

Three guys including a statistician go deer hunting. They see a large buck in a meadow. The first hunter shoots and hits five feet to the right of the deer. The second hunter shoots and hits five feet to the left of the deer. The statistician yells, "We got him!"
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Three guys including a statistician go deer hunting. They see a large buck in a meadow. The first hunter shoots and hits five feet to the right of the deer. The second hunter shoots and hits five feet to the left of the deer. The statistician yells, "We got him!"
    That's just "mean."
    gasmitty likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMountain View Post
    Mods ... uhhh, a little help please.
    With?

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one. "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain.

So true.

The most effective handgun round on the market, regardless of caliber, is the Federal .357 Magnum 125 grain jacketed hollowpoint (C357B). This load has more stopping power than any other handgun cartridge and this includes more powerful rounds like the .41 and .44 Magnums.

JD...He's all set.
    Aceoky likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    JD...He's all set.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    "SHOTGUN AMMUNITION BY CALIBER (Gauge)"

".410 Gauge"

i don't trust any "expert" on ammunition who can't get their nomenclature correct. "gauge" and "caliber" have COMPLETELY different definaitions, and are not interhcangeable. the .410 is NOT a guage, it is the ONLY (modern) shotgun round measured in caliber.

"10 Gauge

Yow. Load your 10 gauge with whatever the hell you want."

really? so i can load Bismuth Field Shot into my 4 foot long goose gun and use it to defend my 2 acre homestead? sweet! thanks for the good advise jackwagon.

"44 Magnum

The blast and kick of this powerful caliber make it less than optimum for defense use, despite what you may have seen in the movies."

...gues he's never lived in bear country, and i'd feel pretty good about pointing my Redhawk at a BG 's face, might wake the nieghborhood up, but weapon accuracy and follow up shots aren't as much of a concern...

".357 SIG

I am unsure what advantage this caliber is supposed to have over the .40 S&W from which it is derived, but it is a good stopper"

i'm not a fan of .357 SIG, butto answer this experts apparent lack of knowledge, the advantage would be an increas in velocity... and an encrease in velocity means??? (quick ,class!)

i'm done, i can't read any more...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links