M-Pro7 gun cleaner and oil

This is a discussion on M-Pro7 gun cleaner and oil within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone used M-Pro7? I've been hearing some really good things about this stuff. Right now I use Breakfree CLP on EVERYTHING and was wondering ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rugerdude12

Thread: M-Pro7 gun cleaner and oil

Has anyone used M-Pro7? I've been hearing some really good things about this stuff. Right now I use Breakfree CLP on EVERYTHING and was wondering if the stuff is worth a try. I would be using this, like I said, on everything from 870 express to glock 19 and my
    AR-15. thanks
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Personally I use break free

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

MPro7 is great stuff. Breakfree doesn't hold a candle to it as far as cleaning. However, it is so good at cleaning, make sure to lube where needed with a good quality oil such as MPro7 oil or Militec.

I use the CLP but a while back a friend of mine told me about the M-Pro 7.I've been using it on my XDS45 and my GL19..There are a couple of good kinds of oil to use, but i can't see where the M-Pro 7 has hurt anything.

It is all I used pernsoanl . Was a hops /rem oil guy but I love the mpro set up . It has zero oder and it non toxic and does a great job. So far the oil seems to stay and hold up well.

There foaming cleaner has gotten great reivews and is really good for stuck on stuff.

Now mind you I have not tried a really really flithy gun to see how good it is but it seems to clean great so far ..

I have found no reason to switch brands it works great for me .

Maybe get a small smaple size and try? I have only used the normal spray cleaener and oil looks great so far .

And so far I have only used it on handguns from 22-45 metal and plastic so far so good and it does not seem to have harmed anything ( grips etc)
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

New Member Array VoodooMountain's Avatar
    Haven't had a chance to use too much of it since it is hard to get in these parts. From what I've seen/heard from some of the local guys it works decently. It seems to be not as good as slip 2k apparently. but it's always an area of I'm right you're wrong type of debate.

Hoppes #9 works best for me and I like the smell...but not the MSD sheet.

I've been trying out some ballistol and as an all arounder it works pretty well, but not great. It smells like black licorice or Anise seed to me.

Forgot to add, I can clean my guns until a clean patch comes out with M pro, slip 2k, or ballistol and then run some Hoppes #9 down the barrel and the patch comes out black and green all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMountain View Post
    Haven't had a chance to use too much of it since it is hard to get in these parts. From what I've seen/heard from some of the local guys it works decently. It seems to be not as good as slip 2k apparently. but it's always an area of I'm right you're wrong type of debate.

Hoppes #9 works best for me and I like the smell...but not the MSD sheet.

I've been trying out some ballistol and as an all arounder it works pretty well, but not great. It smells like black licorice or Anise seed to me.

Yep the MSD sheet on mpro is good also I think ballistol is suppose to me non toxic

But I had to switch from hopps as the smell was not my cup of tea ( plus it bother everyone in the house I shared so not good) ... Mpro is hopefully non toxic and does not smell like anything to me
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Gramps has been using Frog Lube for the past several weeks. Guns come out really shiny bright - almost like new. And the minty odor doesn't "hang around". I like mint, but in my food/beverages.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Tried it for a couple of months but it did not seem to help the next cleaning like frog lube. After using the fl for a while its easier to clean my revolvers an the cz. Everything wipes off easier.

I like MP7 for cleaning, but I'm so cheap I can't stomach the going price for that stuff... ditto Frog Lube. I went through a 4-oz bottle of the MP7 cleaner but when I went to replace it, I got sticker shock. For my needs, it's not so much better than my default Hoppe's No. 9 and CLP that I want to double my investment.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Yea I did notice it was a little pricey but certainly not as bad as froglube. my LGS has the cleaner in an 8oz spray bottle for $15 and the oil in a 4oz bottle for $12. I use to use hoppes but the smell stuck to everything and lingered forever
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

mpro7

Been using it for over a yearand love it. It even took off some rust on a revolver i had.

I have been using it for several years since samples came with my new Desert Eagle 50 AE. I really like it.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Almost any oil/lubricant/cleaner will work well if you apply a little routine care and maintenance.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links