The Hi-Point JHP 45 (Yes I got one)

This is a discussion on The Hi-Point JHP 45 (Yes I got one) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Was out and about today feeling a little down, so I decided to cheer myself up with some retail therapy. I am a closet hi ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Hi-Point JHP 45 (Yes I got one)

The Hi-Point JHP 45 (Yes I got one)

Was out and about today feeling a little down, so I decided to cheer myself up with some retail therapy. I am a closet hi point owner and have a 995 carbine, and the pistols have always fascinated me. I broke down and got the 45. Hi point must have really listened to the consumer, because this model also has a manual slide lock with the selector switch so the magazine is no longer needed to lock the slide back. I thought it was kind of cool. The only thing I don't like is the magazine disconnect safety, which Hi-Point makes really easy to remove. I guess they're like mopeds, fun to ride until your friends find out, but I'd have to say I do like how it fits in my hand and the 3 dot is very nice. I don't think I'll be slapping the ghost ring on it.
    -Linny
    darbo, nechaev, Oldpsufan and 2 others like this.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Ads

Fat girls need lovin too.

Enjoy your new pistol.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    That makes a Glock look pretty! J/K

Never had any dealings with a Hi Point, but my understanding is they go "bang" everytime. Congrats on the purchase.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

For me that and a ruger 85/98 are great trucker beater guns .

The nice thing about hi points are that they will fix your gun no matter who owned it first .. Imop if they stand by it like that they are worth a shot

Now if only they make 15 or 30 round mag for there rifles I may just get one ..

Lets just say there are worse guns you can own ..
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Oh hi-point, how your "the firing pin is used as part of the extraction process" engineering amuses me.

Carry condition 3 if it gets used for carry. :)

It will run and run.

The only issues I know of are the magazines and feed ramps. Any else I should look for?
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian

Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    The only issues I know of are the magazines and feed ramps. Any else I should look for?
    The whole hi-point pistols use the firing pin as part of the extraction process thing.

So racking the slide to remove a chambered round is dangerous, and should be avoided, and if cannot be avoided should be done as slowly as possible.

There's eventually gonna be points in the life of any carry pistol where you have to unload/clear it in a public area. That means the only real safe way to carry them is condition 3 if you carry it.

I'ma closet Hi-Point owner too. I have the .380.

It has never once failed to go bang. I did carry it occasionally while my XDs was off on a recall but always condition 3. Now it is just a range plinker, it's great for new shooters and slightly built people, recoil is almost non-existent.

Administrator
    Who cut the electric cord off of your CONAIR Blow Dryer?
    sundrix, Taurahe, OD* and 1 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Who cut the electric cord off of your CONAIR Blow Dryer?
    Cost as much as a Con-air.
    Range report tomorrow
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian

I have a Hi Point C9, in fact it was the first 9mm I ever bought. It replaced a Ruger .44 mag that I had been using as a nightstand gun. After some fluff and buff it runs flawlessly and is a fun range gun. I did not know about the extractor thing and I will check into that. Fortunately it stays loaded on my nightstand unless I take it to the range and then it gets unloaded by the bang method.
    My only gripe about it is the take down. Who's going to carry a 1/8" center punch and hammer with them.

I have the JHP 45 hi- point and the only real feed problem i had was shoot 230grain hollow points, they seemed to hang on the ramp. I have since polished the ramp and bent the lips on the mag, but havent bought any hollow points to try yet. Other than that they go bang every time with round nose and recoil isnt to bad either but the gun weighs 42 ounces...i have put probably 600 rounds thru mine. You need parts just call hi-point and then send them at no cost, if you need to send your gun in they will fix it free and send it back with a new extra mag.

I have the C9, great little gun for the money. I bought it LNIB, it has went bang every time, about 500 rounds worth. It is definitely not a carry gun, but fun for the range and an ok HD gun.

Hi Points are like fat girls, "They eat what ever you feed them, and go BANG anytime you want too!"

I really like their carbines, but the pistols just make me cringe....
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links