Defensive Carry banner

Hanguns/Rifles in same caliber.

2K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  IAm_Not_Lost 
#1 ·
I didn't want to divert the thread that is running now about how many handguns and what calibers you have with this one.

I don't want to know how many handguns, or specifically what calibers, but my question is:

How many different caliber handguns do you have, and how many rifles do you have to match those calibers?

I have 9 different caliber handguns, and rifles that shoot 3 of those calibers. I plan on getting rifles that shoot 2 more of those calibers.

This will give me handguns and rifles that will shoot 22, 9mm, 38/357, 44-40, 44 mag.

Those should cover all the bases that I need for similar caliber platforms in handgun/rifle.

#2 ·
Five different handgun calibers and long guns in three of them. 22,357,44 mag. No long guns in 9mm or 45acp.

#8 ·
For me I should not have gone skeet shooting over the deep ocean during a hurricane .. ...

But for me I plan on getting full line of 59/69 mag guns ( camp/sub/59/69/p11) could be fun

#6 ·
.22 short only, pistol and rifle
.22 long rifle, pistol, revolver, and rifle (The revolver and rifle will also shoot 22 short, but the ones above are short only)
.22 magnum, revolver and lever rifle
.357 magnum, revolvers and lever rifle
.38 special, snubbie revolvers and the .357 revolvers and lever rifle above will also shoot 38 spcl

#10 ·
I have one .45 ACP sidearm and one rifle chambered for .45 ACP.

#11 ·
How many different caliber handguns do you have, and how many rifles do you have to match those calibers?
Have done this in .357mag and .44mag, a few times over ... with a revolver and a lever-action rifle. Pretty good combination. Haven't ever done it with .22LR, .45colt. Figured .357 and .44 would cover whatever I had to do.

#12 ·
Technically a carbine is a short(er) barreled (as opposed to full sized) long gun, but I've always called any long gun that shoots pistol cartridges a "carbine" (even when they have full sized barrels). Winchester was the first one to really sell them in numbers to cowboys and anyone traveling long distances so the could carry more ammo of one particular caliber.

#13 ·
Only 22 at this point. My next rifle/handgun combo will be something that could be hand loaded with black powder in case smokeless powder gets any harder to get. Black powder could be made at local levels.

#15 ·
Before that ill fated three hour tour I had a .22 and a 9mm long gun. The 9mm even used Glock mags.

Miss those guns.....:wink:

#16 ·
None. I prefer my rifles to use rifle calibers. I've got handguns for the handgun calibers.

#18 ·
I don't disagree that pure rifle calibers have their place as well, having half a dozen or so of them myself.

But the history of modern firearms has shown that combined pistol/rifle caliber firearms can be very useful as well.

#17 ·
I have handguns in 8 different calibers. The only shared caliber with long gun is .22. I do at some point want to pick up a .38/.357 lever action rifle.

Reactions: tdave
#20 ·
And I won't disagree with that. Just if I have to resort to a rifle, I want more than an pistol round, all "conveniences" aside.

#21 ·
I have revolver/lever-action rifle combinations in .22 magnum and .44 magnum. I am looking for a Winchester lever-action in .45 Colt to go with my second generation (1959) Colt SAA in .45 Colt.

#22 ·
Only the .22 Long Rifle and the .32-20 may currently be used in both rifles and handguns on hand. Would like to add a couple more rifles that use handgun cartridges kept on hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.