Hanguns/Rifles in same caliber.

This is a discussion on Hanguns/Rifles in same caliber. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I didn't want to divert the thread that is running now about how many handguns and what calibers you have with this one. I don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hanguns/Rifles in same caliber.

I didn't want to divert the thread that is running now about how many handguns and what calibers you have with this one.

I don't want to know how many handguns, or specifically what calibers, but my question is:

How many different caliber handguns do you have, and how many rifles do you have to match those calibers?

I have 9 different caliber handguns, and rifles that shoot 3 of those calibers. I plan on getting rifles that shoot 2 more of those calibers.

This will give me handguns and rifles that will shoot 22, 9mm, 38/357, 44-40, 44 mag.

Those should cover all the bases that I need for similar caliber platforms in handgun/rifle.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Five different handgun calibers and long guns in three of them. 22,357,44 mag. No long guns in 9mm or 45acp.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I have three handguns with three calibers and two .22 rifles that share with a handgun.

I may get an AR pistol as a platform to turn in to an SBR, but that probably doesn't count.

.22LR and .44 Magnum are my only ones. The only other handgun calibers I see ever getting carbines for are 9mm and .357 Magnum, with the .357 being far more likely (I love my Marlin 1894 so much I think it needs its little brother )
    farronwolf likes this.

VIP Member
    Are we talking before or after the ill fated DC boat charter?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

.22 short only, pistol and rifle
    .22 long rifle, pistol, revolver, and rifle (The revolver and rifle will also shoot 22 short, but the ones above are short only)
    .22 magnum, revolver and lever rifle
    .357 magnum, revolvers and lever rifle
    .38 special, snubbie revolvers and the .357 revolvers and lever rifle above will also shoot 38 spcl
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    .22LR
    9mm
    .45acp
    38spl/.357mag
    44mag
    .223rem
    30-06

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Are we talking before or after the ill fated DC boat charter?

For me I should not have gone skeet shooting over the deep ocean during a hurricane .. ...

But for me I plan on getting full line of 59/69 mag guns ( camp/sub/59/69/p11) could be fun
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Currently 22lr, 9mm, 45Colt, but have had in the past 357mag, 44mag, 45acp, 44-40, and 44 percussion revolver and carbine.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I have one .45 ACP sidearm and one rifle chambered for .45 ACP.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    How many different caliber handguns do you have, and how many rifles do you have to match those calibers?
    Have done this in .357mag and .44mag, a few times over ... with a revolver and a lever-action rifle. Pretty good combination. Haven't ever done it with .22LR, .45colt. Figured .357 and .44 would cover whatever I had to do.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Technically a carbine is a short(er) barreled (as opposed to full sized) long gun, but I've always called any long gun that shoots pistol cartridges a "carbine" (even when they have full sized barrels). Winchester was the first one to really sell them in numbers to cowboys and anyone traveling long distances so the could carry more ammo of one particular caliber.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Only 22 at this point. My next rifle/handgun combo will be something that could be hand loaded with black powder in case smokeless powder gets any harder to get. Black powder could be made at local levels.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

22lr, 38spl/357mag, 44mag. If things break right this year, a 45lc.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

VIP Member
    Before that ill fated three hour tour I had a .22 and a 9mm long gun. The 9mm even used Glock mags.

Miss those guns.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links