Shot Show Take away! JMHO

This is a discussion on Shot Show Take away! JMHO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While I found the only Tupperware gun I may put money down on! The new Glock 42! But I wonder if it can replace the ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Kennydale
  • 2 Post By nedrgr21
  • 3 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 2 Post By ppkheat
  • 1 Post By onacoma
  • 1 Post By onacoma
  • 1 Post By Betty

Thread: Shot Show Take away! JMHO

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Shot Show Take away! JMHO

While I found the only Tupperware gun I may put money down on! The new Glock 42! But I wonder if it can replace the PK380 my wife has? I assume that other have found this same dilemma - Daily Caller quote "No less than Massad Ayoob gave the 42 a thumbs up, seeing it as an excellent option for shooters with fragile or petite hands." Read more: SHOT Show 2014: New handgun roundup - Glock, Springfield, SIG, Taurus, S&W, Walther, Remington | The Daily Caller

But the real take away is Gentlemen we're now located at the back of the Bus with Riddick! Seems the manufacturers have found that Women have more money to spend than us Neanderthals! Beside most of us need She Who Must Be Obed's permission to purchase anyway!

Winchester has come out with ammo direct at Women, forget the zombie, razorback ammo! We now have "W" ammunition! Training and Defend are the two flavors and all with reduced recoil! See the attached flyer!

W-01.jpgW-02.jpgW-03.jpgW-04.jpg

I guess everything must become a kinder and gentler place! So is the W for Women or Wussification of our industry! JMHO!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

Yeah...last I checked the Glock 20s and 21s are still easily found, more .45 Auto 1911s than ever, big-bore SIGs, as well as the .500 S&W Magnum I saw at Bass Pro the other day and all the Gold Dot ammo I could ever want. Just because the tent is getting bigger doesn't mean we've hit the "wussification" phase....it means more people own guns and maybe we can start making some progress in terms of changing the majority of women from moron anti-gunners to people who actually see the truth. I say hooray for Glock 42s and "W" ammo!!!!

I am big believer in using the largest caliber you can handle. I shoot .40S&W out of a compact Ruger (3.5 inch barrel). I am 63 and there are days my hand feels like Jello after leaving the range. I'd give this Ammo a try out and if it brings more NEW SHOOTERS into the fold.. I am all in favor (Especially the women, we need them on board big time)
    Tundra5.7 and surefire7 like this.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

I'm in the "whatever gets more women shooting" camp and for whatever keeps those developing physical limitations going to the range. Too many of them have suffered from jerks putting hard kicking handguns in their hands. The regular and +P stuff isn't going anywhere so no one is losing out, just more options.
    ShooterGranny and surefire7 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    I guess everything must become a kinder and gentler place! So is the W for Women or Wussification of our industry! JMHO!
    I would bet that you've never seen a women's basketball game played up close and personal. NOTHING kind or gentle goes on there!!!!! And are you also not familiar with the many phrases throughout history like "Hell hath no fury like a woman"?

I are one. Do not mess with us. We bite.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/tha...systema-video/

Oh yeah - we shoot too!!!!

We also rock babies to sleep, dry tears and kiss boo boos..........
    onacoma, BugDude and surefire7 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

While I think that advertising is focused on Women... the W probably means "Winchester"

I think its a little... demeaning to new shooters, and women in general. They are trying to say since ammo is so complicated to new shooters, all you need to do it buy "train" or "defend" ammo... super simple. Then they make the advertising with pictures of only women, like they are the ones that need the more simplified ammo choices.

More options are a great thing. I know people who have been turned off to shooting because of recoil.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I hope manufacturers are focusing on "the woman market"; more women purchasing firearms and related stuff, probably will translate into more women voting for pro 2A issues.

I like that a lot !
    Glock2201 and surefire7 like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I ordered a G42

Boy O Boy! First let me state that 80% of my students are women and all of them are referred from previous students. None of the Women wish to be treated with any less respect then the men, but they want the information for them to make a choice which is right for them! YES we need to bring women in the fold and Yes we need to market to them.

Now with all the Caliber wars we've had on this site, I find it Farcical that someone would jump on a "Reduced Recoil" load band wagon. This cartridge is a short load powder charge which means from its ballistics it will not penetrate to the FBI standard, but it may have the expansion of the bullet. How many time have we discuss the 380 ACP lack of penetration out of the likes of a LCP! So now we want to arm women with a short loaded cartridge! I personally would rather see someone carrying a Glock 42 with a 380 acp Winchester T-Series then see someone carrying a 9mm or 40 S&W reduced recoil load which may or may not do the job of stopping the threat The 380 out of the 42 is very close to a 38 Special +P and the softer recoil of the 42 makes it idea for someone who is recoil sensitive. I don't own a Glock aka Tupperware pistol, but I would recommend the 42!

Now let the POLs get wind of this and the next thing we'll hear is us Civilians can't handle full loads and those full loads will be reserved for "LEOs and POLs Only" and we'll be stuck with reduced stopping power! Just look at what happen with the Black Talon round! To this day you can't have JHP in San Fran!

JMHO but this is not the way to bring more women into the firearm sports!
    Last edited by onacoma; January 21st, 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Add Glock Note
    ShooterGranny likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

ShooterGranny - You misunderstood the Umbrage I'm taking with this Marketing! My experience, give women the opportunity to learn and trust me they will out shoot and out perform most of males! And do it with grace and skill.

They don't need to be armed with IMO under performing cartridges!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    ShooterGranny - You misunderstood the Umbrage I'm taking with this Marketing! My experience, give women the opportunity to learn and trust me they will out shoot and out perform most of males! And do it with grace and skill.
    They don't need to be armed with IMO under performing cartridges!
    I totally agree with that.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I hope manufacturers are focusing on "the woman market"; more women purchasing firearms and related stuff, probably will translate into more women voting for pro 2A issues.

I like that a lot !
    And hopefully voting for pro 2A politicians!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    We've had a lot of threads here like:
    "My wife is new to shooting and her wrists are weak, what caliber/gun do I start her off on?"
    "What should I start (any gender) new shooter on?"
    And there was that awful Youtube video of a moron having a lady shooting a large caliber handgun - probably the first handgun she's ever shot - and I think it knocks her backwards or the whole gun flies out of her hands.

And our replies were:
    "If she has weak wrists, start her off on a small caliber to see what she can handle. A small caliber gun is better than no gun."
    "New shooters should start off with a smaller caliber and graduate from there."
    "He should've never given her that large caliber gun; he probably turned her into an Anti."

So now we have this new line of ammunition specifically targeting new shooters, and it's got Train and Defend varieties. If that gives them a good beginning experience, great. If that's a new shooters stepping stone, great. We can use all the new shooters we can. As long as it feeds properly and has good penetration and stopping power, then great. I haven't even seen performance tests on this ammo to criticize it. I say it's also great to see women in gun ads who are serious and realistic and not half-naked and decorative, looking like caricatures.

Now, I'm sure at some point some clerk is going to try to sell me this ammunition, and he'll get a polite no-thank-you. People have tried to peddle me pink this-and-that and smaller, weaker, softer and fluffier this-and-that because of my size and gender. Some do it because they're salespeople and are just trying to hit a sale based on what they see before them, and others because they're condescending, sexist jerks. I say whatever - a jerk will find any excuse to be a jerk, whether this ammo exists or not. I'll just smile and go about my merry way.

Seems I recall we have guys here who carry Ladysmiths proudly.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Links