Glock 21

Glock 21

This is a discussion on Glock 21 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm looking at getting a Glock 21. When I checked on out with my buddy it felt a bit big in my hand. My hand ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 3 Post By D3parted

Thread: Glock 21

Glock 21

I'm looking at getting a Glock 21. When I checked on out with my buddy it felt a bit big in my hand. My hand lines up well with the trigger and everything, but this is my first double stack .45. I've shot 1911s and they feel a bit small in the grip, so is the 21 a good choice for me?

Did you try the SF (short frame) model or the generation four model with the smallest back strap? I found the G21 to be slightly too large for my hand, but found the SF model or generation four model with the medium strap to fit perfectly.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

That's next on my list to check out. I prefer Gen 3 but I may get the Gen 4 if the smaller backstrap feels better.

Yes to the 21sf.. When I was looking at the 21sf I though it is a gun made for small hands I have big hands this wont work .. Then I picked one up .. It feels right you know almsot thinner then a 17 to me imop.

BUT dont get one with a dual side mag relese or a 1913 rail . The dual side mag ones had problems and the rail ones are collectabily but few holster fit them ...Only get either if you need that addation imop.. The one I handed is a normal mag and normal railed gen3 ...

And the smaller backstrap comes close to a sf I hear..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I held my son's 1911 yesterday and it felt really weird to me, compared to my Glock 30. It's all a matter of what you're used to. If you can find a G21SF, it may be more to your liking, but you can used to about anything. 1911s are single stack, G21s are double stack--expect the G21 to feel larger.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I had a G21sf. The day I handled the G21 4th gen the SF was traded off. The Gen 4 without the backstrap is perfect for my hand.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have a Gen4 21 and really like it. I don't have huge hands but the gun feels great.

Also, the polymer frame really helps absorb the recoil. I can say with 100% honesty that the G21 has less felt recoil than my .40 caliber Glock 23.

I have the 21 gen its a great gun it fit my hand perfectly. Really accurate it has a ghost 3.5 trigger pull can't say enough about the gun

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Did you try the SF (short frame) model or the generation four model with the smallest back strap? I found the G21 to be slightly too large for my hand, but found the SF model or generation four model with the medium strap to fit perfectly.
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    glock introduced a new g41 at the shot show, I don't know if it is on the market yet but I would give it a look if want a g21

I was in the OP's shoes about a month ago while looking for the perfect home defense handgun. Tried the G21 & found it too uncomfortable with its thick grip. My Goldilocks moment came when I grabbed hold of the G21SF. Fit my medium sized hands perfectly. It now resides in my nightstand drawer.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    As the others have said, go try a Gen 4 or a SF model.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    The first time I shot a Glock it was the 21SF. It was my last duty weapon before I retired. It was the first handgun that TRULY felt like an extension of my arm. I loved it so well that I bought one of my own. It is my favorite SD handgun.

Well I played around with a 20SF last night, and the 21SF is the same demensions just not as much of a cannon. So I believe the 21SF is the way to go. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Sponsored Links