USPSA

USPSA

This is a discussion on USPSA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am considering buying a 1911 for USPSA(if I can get started in it). Any suggestions? Springfield, Smith and Wesson? etc..... Thanks...

Thread: USPSA

A 1911 for the USPSA

I am considering buying a 1911 for USPSA(if I can get started in it). Any suggestions? Springfield, Smith and Wesson? etc.....

Thanks
    Last edited by Zackeal; December 21st, 2006 at 09:33 PM.

Any good 1911 will do for either Limited 10 or single stack.

I recommend www.brianenos.com for all the answers to your USPSA questions. Go to the forums and read tons of good info. The forums are full of answers.

USPSA is great fun and are good events to make you a better shooter.

I have a Kimber Custom Target II for L10. I don't shoot it much. All the cool kids shoot revolver

Dave

The only real requirement that you're going to need from your 1911 is that it is reliable. Since you will be a new shooter, leave all the fancy gadgets to the other guys. Just focus on finishing the stage safely and with clean hits. Springfield Arm, Taurus, Dan Wesson, Para Ord, it really doesn't matter. As a beginning shooter, you're going to want to concentrate on technique and doing everything correctly. Once you get that down pat, you can then begin to trick out your gun or switch divisions.

Yes, I have to agree. Register for Brian's Forums and you'll have all your USPSA questions answered there. Really good people and very helpful. I think if you are interested in shooting competively, go for it. In my opinion, USPSA (or anykind of Action Pistol sport) will vastly improve your gun handling skills. You'll learn that sight alignment, sight picture and smooth trigger squeeze are just the TIP of the iceberg. You'll learn how to utilize a "flash sight picture", how to acquire your front sight immidiatly from the draw, how to shoot on the move, how to properly reload... quickly. Then when you REALLY get into it, you'll learn how to gauge your own stress level before a stage, how to "call" your shots while shooting. You'll learn how to watch the front sight during recoil, you'll learn how to think, when to think during a stage (and when NOT to think).
    Speaking of Brian Enos, I have a book of his that I recommend. It isn't for beginners, more like intermediate to advanced. It's called Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals, which is pretty much the "if Jedi Master Yoda wrote a shooting book, this would be it".
    Zen baby, very zen.
    Last edited by razorblade; December 20th, 2006 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airedale View Post
    All the cool kids shoot revolver
    Heck, even us uncool kids shoot revolver.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72755678760917

Sponsored Links