Any thoughts on CZ P07

Any thoughts on CZ P07

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on CZ P07 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello all, I'm thinking of getting a new concealed carry pistol . I have a Ruger SR40C , but the slide lock spring has come ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Buckman60
  • 3 Post By RoadRunner71

Thread: Any thoughts on CZ P07

Any thoughts on CZ P07

Hello all, I'm thinking of getting a new concealed carry pistol . I have a Ruger SR40C , but the slide lock spring has come out of its holder on frame . Will send back to Ruger for repair , I know the have great customer service . But I have lost all faith in carrying it now .

So I've been looking at a CZ P07 Duty in 40 cal. For my new carry gun . It seems to have rave reviews on everything I can read about it . Handled one at my LGS the other day , feels great in my hand .
    Question is how will it feel to carry IWB ? Looks the same size as a Glock 19 . Which leaves me to my next thought in buying a Glock 23 . I want a 40 cal.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

I know they are stupid accurate from what I've seen, BUT I just can't get over that hideous looking trigger guard. It just bothers me to the point of not buying one.

Also be aware that it's common for the frame to bulge (unless they've fixed it) in a particular spot next to the slide rail insert, BUT apparently is normal and doesn't affect function, reliability, or durability.

Okay my apologies. I believe the frame bulge issue has now been resolved.

The P-07 is an extremely accurate, easy shooting gun. Also, it has a very unique feature of being both a DA / SA or SA only, depending on whether you use the safety of the decocker. One note on CZ pistols, the grip area on the slide is greatly reduced vertically. some do not mind this, others do not like it. One really nice feature is how the slide rides inside the frame instead of on it. This does several things... It creates a very low bore axis, which in turn reduces muzzle flip, allowing for faster follow up shots. The trigger on the duty series pistols is very smooth, with a DA break of around ten lbs and a SA break of around 5lbs. Both are very smooth and crisp. All in all... you would be hard pressed to find a better gun for the money than a CZ duty series pistol. The P-07 will added to my collection very very soon.

On the other side, do not lose faith in your ruger. My SR40C did the same thing. ruger had it fixed and back in my hands in less than two weeks. It was a bad batch of mechanisms that cause it, and they will cover it fully. This is also a kniown issue for a very small portion of SR40C's due to the bad mechanisms. Let them fix it, run a hundred rounds through it and go back to life as normal. I put 700 rounds through mine after it was repaired with zero problems.
    MMinSC likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    Okay my apologies. I believe the frame bulge issue has now been resolved.
    I just was reading in the frame bulge issue , seems to be a few years back . You're right about the ugly trigger guard , that kinda bugs me to . I'm really leaning towards the Glock 23 . Thanks for the input !
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

VIP Member
    Recently purchased a P07 in 9mm. I've only been able to put a couple of hundred rounds through mine but it is a fantastic shooter. I run mine in SA so I won't comment on the DA other than to say that even though it is heavy it is exceedingly smooth.

It is almost identical in size to the 19/23 with exception of a very trim, ergonomic grip. The controls are well placed. The "ugly" trigger guard comes in quite hand when shooting with gloves.

The down side is the availability of accessories. Sights are hard to find but they are available. Magazines are not cheap but the appear to be well made and durable.

So far I believe that the P07 will be a fine carry gun.
    Taurahe, Buckman60 and MMinSC like this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

it's alive!!!

anyone know if the new 2014 updates of the P-07 have fixed the reliability issues associated with the .40cal versions? there were a lot of failure to battery and so one with the .40 a couple years ago. anyone?
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

I want one, if that helps !
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I had one and got rid of it and bought a Glock Gen3 23. I like Glocks better than the P07.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Sponsored Links