Defensive Carry banner

Ordering online

953 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  flip_floppin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Ok so they ship to a local dealer and I have to pick it up there right, but do they usually charge for doing that? I mean my dealer doesn't sell the sks anyway but it just seems wierd to buy from a dealer online and pick it up from a different store...dont mean to sound stupid...just want to understand clearly.
Thanks for taking the time.

#4 ·
It sounds weird and is weird, that's your government at work. All sales of firearms except between individual residents of the same state must be handled by a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer. The dealer ships the firearm to a local dealer. You go in, fill out the 4473 (Firearms Transaction Record), and the dealer calls the info into NICS. If the transaction is approved the dealer records the approval number on the 4473 and you get the firearm. In most cases you pay the dealer for handling the transaction.

There are a number of FFLs who actually major in doing transfers. They do not stock firearms. They can order them for you and probably not charge a transfer fee or they can accept the shipment from another FFL and charge a transfer fee. The fee varies depending on location and dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.