glock help

glock help

This is a discussion on glock help within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just installed a NY1 trigger spring in my new G19 and I notice now the when shaking the gun the firing pin does not ...

Thread: glock help

glock help

I just installed a NY1 trigger spring in my new G19 and I notice now the when shaking the gun the firing pin does not rattle unless the trigger is held back. Before with the stock it would rattle without holding the trigger back. I did the firing pin safety check and when it is pushed in with the slide off it rattles freely.

Is this normal with the NY trigger spring or is something wrong?

not sure about the ny trigger. with the 3.5 and/or 5 pound you can get some firing pin rattle with the glocks. with the 3.5 you don't change the spring, only the connector. the rattle is the firing pin against the firing pin safety plunger. the ny trigger spring (olive) will keep the firing pin tighter over the standard glock trigger spring.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Thanks I found the answer via glock talk

"What happens is the trigger bar is moving forward slightly, allowing the firing pin safety to move down. The firing pin safety 'pinches' the firing pin.

The trigger bar moves forward more readily with the NY spring because there is no longer a coil spring pulling it (trigger bar) to the rear.

The firing pin will not rattle in some guns unless the trigger is (manually) held to the rear (very slight pressure on the trigger) even with the standard spring setup."

Sponsored Links