Glock 27 question

Glock 27 question

This is a discussion on Glock 27 question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How long before I can get that 9th round in the magazine? The spring is so stiff I thought I read somewhere if you shoot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 27 question

Glock 27 question

How long before I can get that 9th round in the magazine? The spring is so stiff I thought I read somewhere if you shoot if for a bit it will take it, not sure though.

I really don't know about the Glock's but you are right it will in time and use allow the round to go in. Actually if you load and unload it several times by hand or a speed loader you should be able to break in the spring enough then.

ETA - I just got in several Tripp Cobra mag's today and the last round went in but it was real tight, I worked it through several load and unloadings and still tight but not near as bad just by doing that a dozen times or so.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

some mags you can and some you can not. i got some mags where i can get all rounds in and i have other that i can not force the 9th in. i got several mags with the +1 ends and they are the same. some i can get 10 rounds in, other i can not. this is not just a g27 problem. i have these same problems with my g19,g26,g22,g23,g27,g36 and g30. i don't know why it is just a glock thing. lookup a company named cdnn sports, inc on the net, they have glock mags cheap, $9.99 to 16.99. they also got the best price on glock parts (trigger, springs, firing pins, etc..) that you can find.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Thanks guys

they do come (well, new in the box at least) with speed-loaders that help that considerably.

They help a lot especially with brand new mags on the GLOCK 17 as you start getting to those last few rounds to 17.
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

It was new in the box. I can get number nine in but can't get the mag back in if I do.

ahh ok, yeah I've had a similar problem with some new 30 round magazines with the AR-15.
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flip_floppin View Post
    How long before I can get that 9th round in the magazine? The spring is so stiff I thought I read somewhere if you shoot if for a bit it will take it, not sure though.

I know it's not easy; but I have never found it impossible to get the 9th round in. Is it possible that you are just not willing to muscle it enough because you feel that it's too much? You're not going to break anything by getting the last round in.

My 27 is older, from 1996. But even in the beginning, I was able to get all 9 into the magazine.

Gun test magazine actually did a review of the 27 back then, and claimed in the stats that the gun had 8 round capacity! When a letter writer corrected them, they made the b.s. claim that they knew it was officially 9, but since they could get only 8 in, that's what they considered the gun's capacity to be. I let my subscription lapse after that; any gun "reviewers" who can't manage to get the 9th round in are not worth reading, imho.

Keep trying. It shouldn't take lots of use to loosen up the mag spring. Press harder than you've been doing.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flip_floppin View Post
    It was new in the box. I can get number nine in but can't get the mag back in if I do.

Whoa, you're saying that the mag won't lock into the gun if it's loaded with 9 rounds?! That's different, and I would consider having a Glock armorer look at what you have, there.

But be aware that you sometimes really have to whack a Glock magazine into the well to get it to lock.

Yea Jeff I read on another forum where others are saying you have to force or smack the mag to get it back in. The spring is supposed to loosen up in time. It just scares me to force it back in. I'll try again...

Well the mag went in, these are some tight springs. I applied firm pressure and it went in. ...

load it and let it sit about 2-3 weeks that will help it take its initial set and then it will load easier

Thats what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    some mags you can and some you can not. i got some mags where i can get all rounds in and i have other that i can not force the 9th in. i got several mags with the +1 ends and they are the same. some i can get 10 rounds in, other i can not. this is not just a g27 problem. i have these same problems with my g19,g26,g22,g23,g27,g36 and g30. i don't know why it is just a glock thing. lookup a company named cdnn sports, inc on the net, they have glock mags cheap, $9.99 to 16.99. they also got the best price on glock parts (trigger, springs, firing pins, etc..) that you can find.

I agree 110%
    I have also found the so called reloader that comes with the Glock guns about worthless. Maybe it's me I don't know but it is more of a pain with it than without it.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

UPDATE
    For what it's worth the mag already loads very easily and goes into the gun with a little pressure. Just tight springs I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links