(BIG RANT black powder pistol.)I hate NY even more than I did before

This is a discussion on (BIG RANT black powder pistol.)I hate NY even more than I did before within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I posted a thread a while back about Ruger and should I buy a Ruger black powder revolver. I made up my mind not to ...

Thread: (BIG RANT black powder pistol.)I hate NY even more than I did before

(BIG RANT black powder pistol.)I hate NY even more than I did before

I posted a thread a while back about Ruger and should I buy a Ruger black powder revolver. I made up my mind not to buy a Ruger and to buy a Uberti instead. I was going to wait for warm weather to buy the revolver because they smoke so much you canít shoot them inside and it will be a couple more months before it is comfortable to shoot outside.
    Well I noticed that Midway had a sale on a gun I wanted, it was $81 dollars off and the sale ended Feb 1st.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/251179

So I figured what the heck I might as well buy it now. I placed the order on line buy the computer kept on rejecting it. So In placed a call to Midway to try to order it and I was told that Midway will not ship to New York. I tried to explain you donít need a license to buy a black powder gun in NY but I was told the the NY state attorney General has made it against the law to ship and B/P gun to NY. I can walk into any story and buy one in NY but it will probably cost me more than Midwayís price. I even thought of doing something stupid for a second. I probably could have had my cousin in Connecticut buy it then I could drive over to his house and buy it from him. But I have a full carry permit in NY and I do not want to take a risk in doing anything that would be considered slightly bending the law and risk losing my carry permit. I made a vow to be out of NY before this winter but I had a few problems they delayed me from my escape from NY. I have to get the heck out of this state.

2. Remove Ads

That is the same thing here i tried to buy a matched set years ago on sale not from midway cant rember know but they cant ship them here.

Lots of room in AZ for good gun people. I haven't seen it for a while, but someone made these blister pacs of one BP revolver, and all the accessories except cap and powder, all hanging on a rack.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    Lots of room in AZ for good gun people. I haven't seen it for a while, but someone made these blister pacs of one BP revolver, and all the accessories except cap and powder, all hanging on a rack.
    I would love to live in AZ but the car taxes would kill me. I have 62 Vette, a 96 Vette, a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I hope to buy a 67 Vette and a nice used class A Diesel motor home after I escape from NY. The personal property / wheel tax would kill me if I moved to AZ. Someone told me that the yearly tax on a motor home would be over $1,000 a year. I heard the taxes in Tennessee and Texas arenít as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercorvette
    I even thought of doing something stupid for a second. I probably could have had my cousin in Connecticut buy it then I could drive over to his house and buy it from him.
    I believe since it's not a firearm according to ATF that you could purchase a black powder gun over state lines or receive it as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    I believe since it's not a firearm according to ATF that you could purchase a black powder gun over state lines or receive it as a gift.
    I agree with you 100% I am just afraid that in some way I will wind up running afoul of NY laws. I was told by Midway that the NY attorney general put them on notice that they will be prosecuted for shipping B/P guns to NY. I think he is exceeding his authority and is abusing his power. I donít want something silly to be the reason I lost my carry permit an maybe lose the right to posses firearms for the rest of my life. It just isnít worth the risk. I wasnít going to buy the gun till the weather was warm enough to shoot outside but the fact that the gun is on sale prompted me to place the order sooner. It does get sillier as things progress. I made a call to Cabelaís to see if they shipped to NY. They said they did, no problem. So I checked to see if the had they gun I wanted. Cabelaís only had a couple Ubertis none of them was the model I wanted almost all their B/P revolvers are made by Pietra and I have my mind made up I am buying a Uberti. The company that has what I want wonít ship to NY, and the Company that will ship to NY doesnít have what I want.

Either Spitzer hasn't gotten around to calling Cabela's, or Cabela's refused to be bullied and told him to go spit. That's my guess, for what it's worth.

Links