Why NRA?

Why NRA?

This is a discussion on Why NRA? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why do most people join NRA? If you join, do you get bombarded with calls asking for more money? What has been your experience?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Why NRA?

Why NRA?

Why do most people join NRA? If you join, do you get bombarded with calls asking for more money? What has been your experience?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

No other pro-gun organization gets mentioned by the gun grabbers. Without the NRA, there would be no Second Amendment. Ignore or opt out of the calls and contacts.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

While the NRA receives the lions share of media coverage the GOA and Alan Gottlieb's outfit get coverage albeit not what the NRA gets. The NRA is the last good hope we as gun owners have between us and the Anti's.

If the NRA folded tomorrow I think within a week or less armed insurrection would be popping up all across America.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    No other pro-gun organization gets mentioned by the gun grabbers. Without the NRA, there would be no Second Amendment. Ignore or opt out of the calls and contacts.
    This is what I do
    gatorbait51 and Ksgunner like this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinJohns View Post
    Why do most people join NRA? If you join, do you get bombarded with calls asking for more money? What has been your experience?
    It's been several years since I was an NRA member. I continue to receive offers to rejoin. Sometimes their stuff gets sent back to people I don't like in those **Postage Paid Anywhere envelopes in the US**. Yes OP it can be fun flocking with the Anti's on occasion.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

If we don't have the N.R.A. we have nothing. I reccommend you visit their website.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It is extremely expensive to fight the gun grabbers funded by people like George Soros and Bloomberg donating millions. If direct marketing didn't work, no one would do it.
    surefire7 and gatorbait51 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    If we don't have the N.R.A. we have nothing. I reccommend you visit their website.
    What he said !
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

It's a mistake to think of the NRA as a single entity. Actually, it's a multifaceted organization. You may need to join as part of your gun club's insurance policy. They have a strong educational arm with programs for youth, home defenders, sportsmen, hunters, and trainers. Then there's the lobbying arm - with spokespeople like Wayne LaPierre with whom I don't particularly agree.

On the whole, the NRA acts to defend the 2nd Amendment and advocate forcefully on behalf of gun owners. You have to weigh their actions in toto and decide whether or not it'd be better that they exist or not. The way I do the math, it's better to have them and I'm a member but I don't support them in every aspect of what they do.

Before I fired the first handgun I purchased, I paid an NRA instructor to run me through the safety course. Easily some of the best money I've ever spent.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Just upgraded to Endowment level a few months back. We need their help. Just look at what the antis are trying to do in my state this year. Anybody up for a 2A rally at the RI state house on 3/18? The more the better.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

9uc
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    ....On the whole, the NRA acts to defend the 2nd Amendment and advocate forcefully on behalf of gun owners. You have to weigh their actions in toto and decide whether or not it'd be better that they exist or not. The way I do the math, it's better to have them and I'm a member but I don't support them in every aspect of what they do.....
    I'm in total agreement. I view the NRA and it's various sub organizations in much the same way I do the various Veterans groups to which I belong. If I do nothing else, I contribute to their evvorts to represent all of us. I don't always agree with a particular idea, but I support the overall representation.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

I dont agree if every aspect of their operations but I feel they carry the biggest flag for firearms freedom in this country. I send them money every 3 years and always renew my [no contact] request on the 1-800 number
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

They protect the Second Amendment. And they especially deserve support after helping to shut down the recent Washington gun-control push; seeing the President lose his cool in front of the cameras was a glorious thing.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

There is the NRA (though I was of the impression that the 2nd Amendment existed before the formation of the NRA, who knew??) GOA, NGOA, 2nd Amendment foundation to name the bigger more active ones. The NRA has the most checkered past of supporting gun control of all of them but has been around longer and since the early 70s has been pretty much on track pro 2A

I was a NRA member I am not at present though that may change a bit later. Opt out did not work for me as to all the incoming flood of stuff with NRA so ignore was my only option but that was ok.

For now I tend to donate a bit to them but more to GOA as they are a bit more in your face pro gun rights. I will shortly either re up with NRA or actually become a member of GOA though now I simply donate when I can afford to and actively write my reps state and fed often.

Joining any of the above or supporting any of them is a good move JMO.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I ask them to stop and when I can I will throw a little in the hat and they have honored my request.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links