Defensive Carry banner

Picked up a Colt 1911 {Updated 1-14-07}

3K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Bud White 
#1 ·
Actually I've had it close to a month now been deciding what to do with it it has some issues

Then all of a sudden it fell apart

It rides the link had a big burr on the sear and hammer and also hammer strut this is a series 80 gun

Surprisingly the barrel looks like new as does
the rest of the frame and slide

Well this will be built in a 22 kit gun for now
I have a nowlin trigger kit for it waiting on series 80 block off plate

The main spring housing will be replaced with a steel unit and Grips with something probably by VZ

It 22 kit is by avantage arms a target kit ill get a pic soon

I've been wanting a Frame to build up a 22 only and for the price of this gun i couldnt pass

Maybe latter this year when my other projects are done ill revisit this and see about correcting there problems

sorry pics aren't the best my helper reall isn't

managed to get his nose in most fo the pics or smack the tripod

See less See more
#2 ·
Bud, mail me the parts, I will take care of it for ya.:hand5: Nice looking gun there. Too bad it fell apart. :smile:

#6 ·
Hope you get in top order. It has potential to be a grand bbq gun

#15 ·
I like the Colt.

fwiw, I would take the dog over a person anyday for a helper in the shop. I have two helpers, one to keep my feet warm, and the other to make sure all rawhide and woodscraps from the shop are properly disposed of.

#18 ·
Ok Build Started 1-4-07

Look at all the parts

Stock Colt Trigger

This is the fusion Match trigger i went with it over the nowlin shown above i want a solid

This fits very tightly as i fit it took about a hour one stroke here with file one stroke there with file I fit as tightly to the frame as i could and get it to function

Its to bad ya have to fit it as it comes with a excellent finish since i had to file tops and sides . i took it out and sandblasted it

Ok here is the stock Colt Duck Butt grip safety

Look at them gaps

Here is the Wilson drop in Beavertail don't let the name fool ya it Ain't drop in Just about a hour to fit it also after this and sandblasting time to call it a night

Also sandblasted the beavertail after fitting it

gaps are a little better

#22 ·
Ok more pics

Sear Hammer and Disconnector

Not shown are the TI mainspring cap and Hammer Strut

Here we have the fusion Mainspring housing

And now Ambi Safety a STI i had around i was going to use on another gun and misplaced and refound of course after i bought a different safety

Here it is finished The Grips are not going to be the ones on it i'm still waiting for my new grips Fro the Kit

#27 ·
Well, I guess I'm really showing my age. When I saw the subject line, "Picked up a Colt 1911 {Updated 1-5-07}", my mind saw it as "Picked up a Colt 1911 {Dated 1-5-07}", which I immediately considered to be 1907! Wow! One of Browning's first prototypes! No, wait, . . . Egad, I gotta sleep more . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.