S&W Revolver Parts

S&W Revolver Parts

This is a discussion on S&W Revolver Parts within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a very nice Smith & Wesson model 64-5 .38 revolver. It was a department of corrections weapon, and has identifying marks stamped ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sensei2
  • 1 Post By Wolfiesden
  • 1 Post By 1 old 0311

Thread: S&W Revolver Parts

Distinguished Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar

S&W Revolver Parts

I recently purchased a very nice Smith & Wesson model 64-5 .38 revolver. It was a department of corrections weapon, and has identifying marks stamped into the side plate. The gun is in otherwise pretty good condition, but I would like to replace the side plate. I found one locally, but it didn't fit quite right.

Where can I find this part, preferably inexpensively? Used would be fine. Any suggestions?
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left"

Clint Eastwood

Try Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. They have tons of parts for older guns. I believe their site is gunpartscorp.com
    phreddy likes this.

VIP Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Finding a used one to fit will be nearly impossible. Each side plate is hand fitted.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Well, you can find a new plate but they are hand fitted. Finding one that fits is very unlikely. If you do get a new one, it will have to be fitted by a competent gunsmith.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Liberal (Noun) - Someone so open minded that his brain has fallen out.
    The 2nd Amendment: Guarantor of all other Amendments
    If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran

Ex Member
    The S&W side plates, like cylinders, are not 'one size fits all.' They have to be fitted by a gunsmith. Not a big deal just find a REAL gunsmith not just someone who has, like 1/2 the population, been through the Glock Armors Course.
    Crescentstar likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links