S&W Revolver Parts

S&W Revolver Parts

This is a discussion on S&W Revolver Parts within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a very nice Smith & Wesson model 64-5 .38 revolver. It was a department of corrections weapon, and has identifying marks stamped ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sensei2
  • 1 Post By Wolfiesden
  • 1 Post By 1 old 0311

Thread: S&W Revolver Parts

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar

S&W Revolver Parts

I recently purchased a very nice Smith & Wesson model 64-5 .38 revolver. It was a department of corrections weapon, and has identifying marks stamped into the side plate. The gun is in otherwise pretty good condition, but I would like to replace the side plate. I found one locally, but it didn't fit quite right.

Where can I find this part, preferably inexpensively? Used would be fine. Any suggestions?
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Try Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. They have tons of parts for older guns. I believe their site is gunpartscorp.com
    phreddy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Finding a used one to fit will be nearly impossible. Each side plate is hand fitted.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Well, you can find a new plate but they are hand fitted. Finding one that fits is very unlikely. If you do get a new one, it will have to be fitted by a competent gunsmith.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Liberal (Noun) - Someone so open minded that his brain has fallen out.
    The 2nd Amendment: Guarantor of all other Amendments
    If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran

Ex Member
    The S&W side plates, like cylinders, are not 'one size fits all.' They have to be fitted by a gunsmith. Not a big deal just find a REAL gunsmith not just someone who has, like 1/2 the population, been through the Glock Armors Course.
    Crescentstar likes this.

Sponsored Links