3 SHTF guns

3 SHTF guns

This is a discussion on 3 SHTF guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just thought it would be fun to make a thread about 3 guns that you own that you would take with you into the Armageddon. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 3 SHTF guns

3 SHTF guns

Just thought it would be fun to make a thread about 3 guns that you own that you would take with you into the Armageddon. Mine would be My AK-47 my Mosin Nagant, and my CZ-75. Long, medium, and short range. All very reliable durable guns. Have fun! ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1400042923.903982.jpg

C39 Centurion AKM 7.62x39
    Marlin XT 17hmr
    Marlin XT 22lr
    Model 94 Winchester 30-30
    Benelli Nova 12 gauge
    CZ75B Omega 9mm
    M9130 Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R
    Remington 514 22lr
    Mossberg 500 (sold)
    Ruger SR22 (sold)
    Glock 17 (sold)

1. Open bolt MAC 45 .. Easy to repair and if there is no more law ....... .. Great for Urban warfare .. CQB .. Good get the heck on the ground bug blaster
    2. 22 bull barrel ruger .. Why well it is one of the easier guns to mound a silencer too ( again no more law )
    3. AK 308 saiga 20 round mags or the 7.62x54 model real fire power
    4. AK pre ban hungrian or styer import model .. Bayo and dum mags
    5. Glock or bretta both easy to get massive stock of parts and mags for and also easy guns to use and even make full auto if needed ( again assuming no more gov/laws)

I would add if I could a SKS m or D for urban .. Not a scare looking gun but takes AK mags if you need to get gigge with it

I would also add a M6 or combo light gun for small gun .. I could take deer with the sks or AK if needed
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

1911 DW Valor
    AK 47
    Mossy 500

My SO
    Baretta 92 (alt ammo)
    Colt 6920LE
    10/22

Between the two I think we've got it covered.

glock, ak, and a larger caliber rifle. this is not counting the 10/22 and .22 pistol i have in my bugout bag.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    AK w/100round drum,Dragunov,Glock 21 with extended Magazine
    poetdante likes this.

Mossberg 500/590 as the thing in my hands when I walk around - good enough deterrent for small groups of 2-3 brigands
    AR-15 (one of the really good $2000K models, Piston for reliability) slung on my back for group engagements of 3+ and longer distances
    Beretta compact pistol for CC - because there is NO reason to not carry CC if you are limited to 3 guns and want one of them to be a pistol. That way your enemy thinks you only have your other 2 guns.

To all the people choosing long-range rifles/calibers for SHTF, in the assumption that you are constantly on the move in these scenarios, what advantage would a long-range rifle (600yds+) have over carrying a more versatile rifle (AR15 with scope good for 300-600yds) and some binoculars for REALLY good scouting views?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A tank. "Honey, fire at will."
    Logic, G17leb, OD* and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    AR-15 Suppressed (556) with a 22 LR Conversion kit in the backpack
    12 Gauge 870
    Glock 19.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Remington Nylon 66, a Ruger Blackhawk Convertable in 357/38/9mm.
    Also my recurve bow.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    I would go with the M1A ( iron sites) H&K 45 ( full size ) and my Savage HMR17 ( for hunting ).

I can shoot out pretty far with the M1A and its simple and pretty light with no scope mount or rings
    The .17 is light and the bullets travel very flat and fast so rabbits, squirrels and other small game would be easy pickings

I figure if I need an AK or AR there will be plenty lying around.
    Logic likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I would go with the M1A ( iron sites) H&K 45 ( full size ) and my Savage HMR17 ( for hunting ).

I can shoot out pretty far with the M1A and its simple and pretty light with no scope mount or rings
    The .17 is light and the bullets travel very flat and fast so rabbits, squirrels and other small game would be easy pickings

I figure if I need an AK or AR there will be plenty lying around.
    Good point about the AK and AR Sure there would be many lying around.

AMD-65 - I love this rifle and it folds up small enough to fit in a backpack. The ability to conceal my long gun, to me, is really important. Plus I just love the darn rifle and it does what I need it to.

Ruger 10/22 w/ folding stock - Again, the ability to conceal it is great and we all know a .22 is essential SHTF weaponry.

Sig SP2022 - Because It's what I own now. Really any reliable high capacity pistol in a common caliber will do.

I really hope I'm with someone else if I ever have to shlepp these guns around. Someone with a shotgun seems like a good idea too.

The S must truly have hit the proverbial Fan for me to even consider leaving my house with a long gun in tow. That means I'm going to have an awful lot of other gear and supplies with me. HEAVY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G17leb View Post
    Good point about the AK and AR Sure there would be many lying around.
    I wouldn't count on that.
    breakingcontact likes this.

S&W AR-15, Rem 870, and Beretta PX-4 in 9mm
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

OD*
    A suppressed 10/22. I'd use it to get whatever else I needed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    rifles.jpg

as of right now, my wife would run the TAVOR and I would run the mini-14. another Tavor is now on the list for, me, I guess.

my glock 21 w/ light would be on my hip.
    my wifes Kahr would be on her hip, (I do want to get her a full size auto- maybe a G17?)

I would actually only need those two guns.

upstairs.jpg

My Marlin 336c (.30-.30) would bag any larger game(if I found any)

My .22 and .410 would be my main small game guns...

the 590 would continue to serve as a house gun...

the .38's are BUG's....

revolvers.jpg

I have one suppressor that will go one either the TAVOR or the Mini-14... another is now on the list....

I already have a ruger 22/45 that will also accept the suppressor I have....

I also have some big bolt rifles that I never hunt with anymore that would work for extreme long range if such a thing was needed.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links